PDA

View Full Version : Video problem with iBook G4

CAKeeler
Dec 29, 2007, 06:30 AM
I am looking for an iBook G4 and found one that is pretty reasonably priced (14" iBook w/1.42 GHz G4 processor) but there are 2 issues with it.

The first can be worked around - the Airport Extreme card doesn't work and I was told that it can't be replaced so the owner uses a USB card ... is this true?

The second is more difficult to figure out ... when i boots up sometimes the video doesn't come up so the owner does the following: put a small amount of pressure on the laptop right below the left bottom corner of the keyboard. Once it's running, it's good for weeks.

Has anyone heard of this and is this potentially a sign the logic board is going or just something loose?

Thanx

zioxide
Dec 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
bad logic board. don't buy that.

Consultant
Dec 29, 2007, 11:33 AM
The second is more difficult to figure out ... when i boots up sometimes the video doesn't come up so the owner does the following: put a small amount of pressure on the laptop right below the left bottom corner of the keyboard. Once it's running, it's good for weeks.

I just bought one with the same problem for $100 (I am pretty good at negotiating). I think I will chop it up and sell it for parts.

CAKeeler
Dec 30, 2007, 08:14 AM
Thanx ... this was helpful ... I will run away from the potential problem.

Accylad
Dec 30, 2007, 08:34 AM
Check out ifixit great site for fixing ibooks, diy of course