PDA

View Full Version : 30GB video Ipod won't charge

leubanks6
Dec 29, 2007, 09:44 AM
I just saw a discussion about someone's 30GB Ipod not charging. My 30GB video Ipod was left on for several days during Christmas and went dead. When I put it on the wall charger, although the screen was dark, it alternated between the Apple logo and a battery image with triangle/exclamation point. After leaving it on charge overnight, now I don't even get that - NOTHING! How do I get it to charge? How long should it take?

xUKHCx
Dec 29, 2007, 09:56 AM
Have you tried resetting the iPod while it is on charge, i.e. holding down menu+middle button until the screen goes blank.

leubanks6
Dec 29, 2007, 10:04 AM
Have you tried resetting the iPod while it is on charge, i.e. holding down menu+middle button until the screen goes blank.

My friend had told me how to reset it, but having the poor memory that I do, I was thinking she said holding the menu+[U]bottom button. I just reset it and the screen comes on. Duh! Thanks for your help! :)

Now I have another question. How can I listen to my Ipod on my home stereo? The only place I see to plug anything in is the headphone jack in the front, and the speaker wires on back.:confused: