PDA

View Full Version : Exchange gifted iPod...where?

jussstin
Dec 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
I was given a 160gig iPod for Christmas, but no gift receipt. I have no idea where it was purchased. Since I don't need that much space, I'd like to exchange it for an 80gig + store credit or gift cards or something. Does anybody know of anywhere that will exchange unopened iPods with no receipt? I don't imagine apple stores would, but maybe Best Buy or some place similar?

Blue Velvet
Dec 29, 2007, 10:24 AM
It's extremely unlikely that anyone will exchange stock, unopened or not, without a receipt, regardless of condition. Your best bet is to sell it as is or use it.

Fuchal
Dec 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
Walmart.

chris57
Dec 29, 2007, 11:50 PM
I think you'll be able to do it at a lot of places, as long as you haven't opened it yet. My friend got an iPod nano, and without a receipt, he went to the Apple store and the gave him a store credit for it. You'll definatley be able to do it there, especially since you'd just be exchanging it.

Consultant
Dec 30, 2007, 05:05 AM
I think you'll be able to do it at a lot of places, as long as you haven't opened it yet. My friend got an iPod nano, and without a receipt, he went to the Apple store and the gave him a store credit for it. You'll definatley be able to do it there, especially since you'd just be exchanging it.

That's because it's a good chance that it's sold at the Apple Store. I am sure merchants check the serial number sold.

However, doesn't hurt to give it a try.

jimN
Dec 30, 2007, 06:15 AM
You could always explain the circumstances to the person who gave it to you and ask for the receipt. I doubt that anyone who is happy to spend that much money would be someone you couldn't talk to about such things. Unless of course this item was acquired under suspicious circumstances.

Not that I have a suspicious mind but doesn't anyone actually try the obvious before posting on the internet?