Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevindosi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Hey everyone -
I just finished importing about 500 pictures from my Canon Rebel XT into iPhoto. When it finished, iPhoto asked me if I wanted to delete the originals off the camera, and I said yes. After several minutes of the colorful spinning wheel and the message "Finishing Import", I decided that iPhoto was frozen and I forced quit it. Now when I open iPhoto, none of the pictures that imported show up, and about 400 out of the 500 pictures on my camera have been deleted. So, it looks like I've lost most of my photos. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Check your iPhoto folders. Maybe they are there and not showing up in iPhoto.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Airforce gave you good advice. Check the iPhoto "file" to see if the photos are really there. If they are, you might just need to rebuild the database (can't remember how to do that).

This is really for others, as you've learned the hard way, never let iPhoto clear your flash card. In fact, I always make sure that iPhoto has imported the photos and that I've recently backed up my HDD before I clear the flash cards.

Oh yeah, if you really have lost some photos and if they're really important, there are some utilities that may be able to recover these photos from the flash card. Can't remember what it's called though.

ft

joelypolly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
Bay Area
In future say no when asked to delete

Its probably a bad idea to delete the photo off your camera from iPhoto as it is a very slow processes especially with Canon cameras(they don't show up as a disk). In future after you import your photos disconnect your camera and format the card within your camera.

jazzsteve

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Recover Lost photos with Automatic Photo Recovery Software

If one have lost his Pentax photos, then it is very easy for them to recover their all the deleted, lost and corrupted images very easily and effectively with the help of Automatic Photo Recovery Software. This recovery tool restores missing and lost very effeciently. It is a user-friendly software that can handled by any of the non-technical person also. It has the capability to restore photographs from any of the storage device.

For More Details, Visit : http://www.digitalphoto-recovery.com/easily-recover-lost-pentax-photos-from-macbook-air

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.