PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Thieved my iPod

Wes
Oct 6, 2003, 12:10 PM
While I was at football (Soccer) practice today somebody took the liberty of taking my iPod. 329 and last years birthday present gone. It's not all bad I [hope] will get a new one from the school's insurance. It was in the valuables box locked in the teachers office. We'll see tomorrow. You ever had anything like that stolen from you?:mad:

baby duck monge
Oct 6, 2003, 12:23 PM
that really sucks. i am sorry to hear that happen to anyone. i hope it will be replaced! and also that it will break the first time the person who stole it tries to use it.

Wes
Oct 6, 2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by baby duck monge
that really sucks. i am sorry to hear that happen to anyone. i hope it will be replaced! and also that it will break the first time the person who stole it tries to use it.

They have about 5 hours until the battery dies and they need to go out and buy the 30 adapter/firewire cable.

aphexist
Oct 6, 2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Wes
They have about 5 hours until the battery dies and they need to go out and buy the 30 adapter/firewire cable.

And only ten seconds before the built-in napalm diffuser spews flaming hell-sludge all over their unsuspecting sticky fingers, igniting their body in a plume of well-deserved pain...RUN AWAY!!!

Wes
Oct 6, 2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by aphexist
And only ten seconds before the built-in napalm diffuser spews flaming hell-sludge all over their unsuspecting sticky fingers, igniting their body in a plume of well-deserved pain...RUN AWAY!!!

Oh how I wish...

QCassidy352
Oct 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
wow, it got stolen from a locked office? You certainly *should* be compensated... hope it works out for you.

Megaquad
Oct 6, 2003, 01:32 PM
Think of all the pr0n on that iPod...

Wes
Oct 6, 2003, 01:34 PM
Nah, it just had 3.07 gigs of tunes, all my 3d work (on my powermac too) and a demo copy of Cinema 4d for demonstrating it to people.

Megaquad
Oct 6, 2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Wes
Nah, it just had 3.07 gigs of tunes, all my 3d work (on my powermac too) and a demo copy of Cinema 4d for demonstrating it to people.
You even demonstrate it to people?! :eek: :eek: No comment

Wes
Oct 6, 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Megaquad
You even demonstrate it to people?! :eek: :eek: No comment

Now my Croatian friend, I know English isn't your first language, but "it" in this case refers to the closest logical preceding noun, in this case Cinema 4D. Now get back to coding your PHP.

rueyeet
Oct 6, 2003, 01:59 PM
Stolen iPod = much suckiness.

It's not like they can use it, unless they've got the recharging dock or adapter, and the right software (at least for Windows). They couldn't even usefully sell it without those. Sheesh!

Much luck getting reimbursement, or replacement.

iGav
Oct 6, 2003, 02:16 PM
my casio twin graph 2 watch was nabbed when I was in games at school.... :(

gutted I was.

FuzzyBallz
Oct 6, 2003, 02:47 PM
Heh, another entry into ebay's bidding pool.

Description: Got this as a gift. Good condition. I seem to have misplaced the firewire cable. This bidding for the bare unit only. Happy bidding and good luck.

P-Worm
Oct 6, 2003, 02:51 PM
Funny this should come up because my iPod got stolen a week ago. Except my Bose Quiet Comfort headphones were attached to it! :eek:

Insurance covered me and my new iPod comes today. The nice thing is that before I had an original 5 GB, now I have a new 20 GB. Arent technological advances great? :D

P-Worm

baby duck monge
Oct 6, 2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Wes
Now my Croatian friend, I know English isn't your first language, but "it" in this case refers to the closest logical preceding noun, in this case Cinema 4D. Now get back to coding your PHP.

man. gotta love that. man loses his baby, and is still capable of delivering a tremendous burn. much props.

Wes
Oct 29, 2003, 12:47 PM
Hey, update, the school is going to pay for a new 10 gig iPod YAY!

Giaguara
Oct 29, 2003, 12:53 PM
well, great you will get it replaced. i hope you have backups of your music.

the curse of the geeks.. somehting bad will happen to the guy who stole your ipod ... :mad:

Mr. Anderson
Oct 29, 2003, 01:11 PM
Well, that's nice of them - you should try and go for an upgrade (20 gig) for all the emotional anguish you went through....;)

D

Wes
Oct 29, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Giaguara
well, great you will get it replaced. i hope you have backups of your music.

the curse of the geeks.. somehting bad will happen to the guy who stole your ipod ... :mad:

Well naturally, all the music was still in iTunes. I think they are set on getting me the closest model to the one I had but I don't mind. I had the 2nd Gen 10 gig, I will get, New games/software, thinner dock, better looking, new keypad. etc.