Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
hey guys, I was wondering about a couple of things regarding my new touch.

1. Any way to add an estimate battery timer next to the icon of the toolbar like I can with my mac?

2. In terms of battery life, is there a big difference between putting my iPod to sleep and completely shutting it off bc I'd prefer to use the sleep option rather than waiting for a boot up. Thanks

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Battery life would be different depends on whether you play music or video, so might not worth it to calculate that constantly in real time.

Sleep = standby time, still uses batteries, I think battery will need recharging in about a week?

Off = no battery usage. Battery might dissipate very slowly (case with all rechargeable batteries even with no use), maybe over mont(s).

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
Battery life would be different depends on whether you play music or video, so might not worth it to calculate that constantly in real time.

Sleep = standby time, still uses batteries, I think battery will need recharging in about a week?

Off = no battery usage. Battery might dissipate very slowly (case with all rechargeable batteries even with no use), maybe over mont(s).

What he said but with the added addition that booting from complete shut down will drain the HELL out of your battery. Like it will take a chunk everytime you do it.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Alright, so it seems im just better off with keeping my touch in standby. Thanks for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.