PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Display As Primary Display for Powerbook G4

Beegolof
Dec 30, 2007, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I have a Powerbook G4 17" and it's connected to a second monitor with a much higher resolution. Right now I'm using it as a 2nd display but I'd like to make it my primary display and make the Powerbook's monitor the 2nd display. I can't find a way to do this though.
It would also be fine if I could make my other display the primary one without my Powerbook's display being used as the second one.
Is this possible? My Powerbook's highest res is 1440x900.

Thanks for any help. :)

Eidorian
Dec 30, 2007, 12:36 AM
In the Displays preference pane in Arrangement you can drag the menu bar from one monitor to another to make it your primary one.

Beegolof
Dec 31, 2007, 09:23 AM
In the Displays preference pane in Arrangement you can drag the menu bar from one monitor to another to make it your primary one.
Thanks. That works but is it possible to move the dock to the other display as well?

Eidorian
Dec 31, 2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks. That works but is it possible to move the dock to the other display as well?The Dock is on the primary display where the menu bar is. :o

SheriffParker
Jan 21, 2008, 04:17 PM
The Dock is on the primary display where the menu bar is. :o

However, If the dock is on the side, and it happens to be the side that contains the secondary display, the dock will have to be there.