Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westsurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a mate who has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumour. He has also ha a stroke due to the tumour. Due to the stroke he is now paralysed down one side of his body.

Due to the paralysis he cannot communicate anymore as he cannot speak nor write due to his writing hand being paralysed.

We wanted to get him an Ipod touch to ‘tap’ messages on the keyboard. However, there is NO notes on the Ipod touch.

I was wondering if notes or email can be installed on the touch? If not are their any ‘purely’ text applications that he could use to try to communicate.

Any help would be appreciated. This man has gone from healthy happy bike riding man to hell in a month. Its bad enough knowing he has cancer and has had a stroke - To not be able communicate with his wife, family and friends worse.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

If you wish to contact me directly westsurf@gmail.com

westsurf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Could this "2nd" thread be deleted.

Could a mod delete this 2nd thread. I didn't think it had posted.

Thank You

gear714

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2005
Tapping the correct key on the touch screen is a challenge for someone who didn't have a stroke. It might be real frustrating for someone who did have one. You should check this out before you go ahead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.