PDA

View Full Version : Help with two ipod's on one mac

Chris88
Dec 30, 2007, 03:24 PM
Hi I have searched and searched in here and at apple but for some reason I can't find what I am looking for. My wife and I have ipods but with different music on them. Right now I have all of my music on the mac and I would like to put her music on it. And I guess I would have to have two library's? I have all ready downloaded Senuti but I still am not sure how to do this.

Thanks for you help

aaronw1986
Dec 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
Hi I have searched and searched in here and at apple but for some reason I can't find what I am looking for. My wife and I have ipods but with different music on them. Right now I have all of my music on the mac and I would like to put her music on it. And I guess I would have to have two library's? I have all ready downloaded Senuti but I still am not sure how to do this.

Thanks for you help

You don't need Senuti...iTunes can handle 2 ipod's without any trouble. They can even sync different thing. Though, i may be easiest if you want 2 music libraries, to have 2 accounts.

Chris88
Dec 30, 2007, 03:50 PM
{may be easiest if you want 2 music libraries, to have 2 accounts.}

Ok I am still new to the mac so sorry for the questions. Is it easy to set up two accounts?

aaronw1986
Dec 30, 2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks for you help

{may be easiest if you want 2 music libraries, to have 2 accounts.}

Ok I am still new to the mac so sorry for the questions. Is it easy to set up two accounts?

Yes, pretty easy..."System Preferences"-->"Accounts", then create a new account

Chris88
Dec 30, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ok I think I did it what would I need to do the see her account in iTunes

aaronw1986
Dec 30, 2007, 05:16 PM
Ok I think I did it what would I need to do the see her account in iTunes

Well for her, you would login to that account, and then just use iTunes under that account, it would be a separate library than yours.

Chris88
Dec 30, 2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks so much my friend with your help I think I got it. I do have to say I love my mac's. Thanks again