PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2.4Ghz 15.4" LED Macbook Pro - SOLD

Raska
Dec 31, 2007, 09:53 AM
I've finally decided to sell my Macbook Pro. There has never been one single problem with it, I just don't need such a powerful laptop. The MBP is in excellent condition: no scratches, dings, or dirt. The specs of the machine are as follows:

2.4 Ghz Santa Rosa Core 2 Duo Processor
15.4" LED Backlight Display
2GB RAM
256MB VRAM
160GB Hard Drive

The MBP came with Tiger install discs, but I will also include the Leopard discs which I purchased seperately, as well as everything that came with the MBP.

The Macbook Pro also comes with a protective sleeve which I purchased at an Apple Store, as well as the new Wired Apple Keyboard and the Wireless Mighty Mouse, all in perfect working order and great condition.

EDIT: I forgot to post included software. iLife 08 is on the Tiger discs. This also comes with VMWare Fusion and Aperture, both full versions.

EDIT: For reference, my eBay ID is raskamac. I have 100% feedback.

I am looking to get $2000. Any reasonable offers will be considered. Here are some pictures of the MBP:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8606/img0088zk2.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1773/img0090cy9.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7213/img0092gb6.jpg

Mr. Funsocks
Dec 31, 2007, 11:52 PM
$1500. As quoted from mac2sell.net.

ktbubster
Jan 1, 2008, 04:49 AM
Refurb from apple store is 2099 + tax... so lets say about 2200+

I'd say you should get pretty close to that here.. 2k shipped. But if I were you, i'd sell it on ebay, you'll get 2200 or more even because new without a student discount is something liek 2600 or so... so chances are you can get close to that from someone on ebay. I'd go there i you want to get closer to what you paid for it.

edit: and with the extras you are selling with it (came with tiger... which some people might like) and the sleeve etc, I bet you could easily pull in close to 2300 on ebay maybe even more. Definitely worth atleast close to refurb price I think.

Raska
Jan 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I edited my first post to show included software that comes with the Macbook Pro.

future macnerd
Jan 1, 2008, 01:12 PM
i have a black macbook, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, 2ghz (core 2 duo) processor, and 8x super drive. The casing is in perfect condition. i was wondering if you would want to trade + some extra money? if so please pm me with an amount. :D

michaelsviews
Jan 2, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I edited my first post to show included software that comes with the Macbook Pro.

Curious, you say its too much or too powerful , what were you using this for? and what are you going to buy in terms of a replacement?

One piece of advice in selling this, when selling and taking payment through paypal watch out for there percentage cut

BOL

Raska
Jan 2, 2008, 01:38 PM
Curious, you say its too much or too powerful , what were you using this for? and what are you going to buy in terms of a replacement?

One piece of advice in selling this, when selling and taking payment through paypal watch out for there percentage cut

BOL

I used it for Internet, email, music and programming for college. That's it. I definitely don't need a MBP for those things.

I'm looking to get the ultraportable that will hopefully be released and a monitor.

Raska
Jan 2, 2008, 10:03 PM
Aside from just cash, I would also be willing to accept Alu. iMac's plus cash. Thanks.

Val-kyrie
Jan 2, 2008, 10:59 PM
A few questions:

Is the screen glossy or matte?
Who is the manufacturer of the screen?
Are there any dead or stuck pixels?
When did you purchase the laptop? Is it still eligible for AppleCare?

Raska
Jan 2, 2008, 11:32 PM
A few questions:

Is the screen glossy or matte?
Who is the manufacturer of the screen?
Are there any dead or stuck pixels?
When did you purchase the laptop? Is it still eligible for AppleCare?

Matte Screen.
LG Manufactured screen.
No stuck or dead pixels. Also no yellowing on the screen.
I purchased the MBP late August of 2007, so it is still eligible for AppleCare.

Raska
Jan 5, 2008, 01:10 PM
Sold.