PDA

View Full Version : Would it be ok to get a Touch now, or should I wait for the Apple convention?




MK25toLife
Dec 31, 2007, 10:36 AM
I really want to get one today but I don't know if I should wait. I doubt they will be upgrading anything in a few weeks and if they do I'm sure it will just be something I can download onto my Touch right? Your help is appreciated. Thanks!



zelmo
Dec 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
It's pretty unlikely that anything will change on the iPT in the near term, since it just came out in September. Most likely it won't see any updates until next fall, although it is possible that there may be an upgrade to 16/32 GB of storage if the iPhone gets an increase when it goes to 3G in Q2 as some expect.

cheekybobcat
Dec 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
It's pretty unlikely that anything will change on the iPT in the near term, since it just came out in September. Most likely it won't see any updates until next fall, although it is possible that there may be an upgrade to 16/32 GB of storage if the iPhone gets an increase when it goes to 3G in Q2 as some expect.

I've heard that a 32GB model won't be available until at least late 2008, maybe later because, of course, it's flash memory.

till
Jan 1, 2008, 01:39 AM
I have a similar dilemma...it does seem a bit unlikely, but possible nonetheless; the Buyer's Guide shows some products have seen updates in September, then the following February. They're also releasing the SDK in February, so I think it would make sense to announce some kind of new revision as well. But that's probably just wishful thinking. I want a 16GB for $300!

mrgreen4242
Jan 1, 2008, 10:34 AM
I have a similar dilemma...it does seem a bit unlikely, but possible nonetheless; the Buyer's Guide shows some products have seen updates in September, then the following February. They're also releasing the SDK in February, so I think it would make sense to announce some kind of new revision as well. But that's probably just wishful thinking. I want a 16GB for $300!
I don't think we'll see any hardware changes at MW, but there will be a software update and some news, etc. But, it's only 2 weeks away, so why not wait? Can't hurt, and it's my plan even though I don't think there's any changes waiting.

goldenlotus
Jan 1, 2008, 10:50 AM
I really want to get one today but I don't know if I should wait. I doubt they will be upgrading anything in a few weeks and if they do I'm sure it will just be something I can download onto my Touch right? Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Go for it now. Any updates in the near future will be software.