PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with Apple In-Ear headphones...

Matto1020
Jan 1, 2008, 10:11 PM
So I have the Sony In-Ear headphones and they are starting to go out on me which means I need to get some new in-ear headphones (they fit better than regular ear buds).

I was looking at the Apple ones for one specific reason, and that is that the cord on the Apple Ear Buds is a little thicker and sturdier than most headphone cords. Not to mention that it also has that little clip that zips up to keep the two headphones together when wrapping them up.

Do the Apple In-Ear headphones have the same thing? A thicker cord and zip thing?

How is the sound on them? I am not looking for THE GREATEST SOUND in the world...but something better than your average $10-$20 headphones.

Thanks!

bjett92
Jan 1, 2008, 10:17 PM
Well here's my review.

The cord is the perfect size, about the same as Apple's standard headphones. They don't have a zip thing, but they come in a case you can wind the cord around and they look great while they are in the case. The sound is really good, I am impressed with the sound on them.

Now the bad news. This is my fourth set of them. The first three sets had one side go out after about a year. But, since Apple's service is so great they agreed to replace them for free each time, even though two of the three times they were out of warranty. Hopefully my fourth set doesn't go out.

But despite the problem I had with them quit working after a while, they are compact, comfortable and have a good sound.

Matto1020
Jan 1, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hey would you say the cord is about as thick as the cord that comes with the Ear Buds with the iPod?

bjett92
Jan 1, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hey would you say the cord is about as thick as the cord that comes with the Ear Buds with the iPod?

I would say that it's a tiny bit thicker, not much though.

Xeem
Jan 1, 2008, 10:46 PM
Well here's my review.

The cord is the perfect size, about the same as Apple's standard headphones. They don't have a zip thing, but they come in a case you can wind the cord around and they look great while they are in the case. The sound is really good, I am impressed with the sound on them.

Actually, they do have the little zip thing the OP mentioned (I assume he meant the little plastic piece that slides up and down where the cord separates). They sound pretty good, but please take this advice if you get the Apple In-Ear Headphones: rather than using the attractive-yet-useless silicone covers that Apple provides, buy yourself a pack of the foam covers for Shure e2c earphones (they also fit Apple In-Ears). Not only does it provide the good fit that the Apple covers cannot, but it will improve the isolation and sound quality of the headphones.

bjett92
Jan 1, 2008, 10:49 PM
Actually, they do have the little zip thing the OP mentioned (I assume he meant the little plastic piece that slides up and down where the cord separates). They sound pretty good, but please take this advice if you get the Apple In-Ear Headphones: rather than using the attractive-yet-useless silicone covers that Apple provides, buy yourself a pack of the foam covers for Shure e2c earphones. Not only does it provide a good fit, but it will improve the isolation and sound quality of the headphones.

Oh that's the zip thing, I thought he was talking about something that could hold the cord wrapped together.

Matto1020
Jan 1, 2008, 11:15 PM
Ok good they have a Zip thing:D (Makes them much easier to wrap around my iPod).

I've always preferred In-ear headphones since my ears are obviously not built for ear buds (they hurt and dont fit). I figure if I can master a couple other brands In-Ear headphones, Apple's shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else care to comment on the sound output on these?

Also, how long is the warrenty on them?

bjett92
Jan 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
Unless it's changed, the warranty is a year.