PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in writing iPhone articles?

Dippo
Jan 3, 2008, 03:57 AM
I am running a iPhone website, and I need some people to help with the creation of web content (aka articles). The articles just need to be simple HTML files with images, and the content will mainly consist of iPhone Tips and Troubleshooting articles.

PM me or post here if you have time and are interested or have any questions.

Mr_Brightside_@
Jan 3, 2008, 02:34 PM
I am running a iPhone website, and I need some people to help with the creation of web content (aka articles). The articles just need to be simple HTML files with images, and the content will mainly consist of iPhone Tips and Troubleshooting articles.

Will you supply the iPhones? If so, I am more than happy to help.

Jasonbot
Jan 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
Will there be an iPod Touch section or a bit not dedicated to phone specific features?

Gee
Jan 3, 2008, 03:33 PM

Do you mean writing actual articles, or formatting articles supplied by you into simple web pages?

dabirdwell
Jan 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
I work in technology and have done quite a bit of writing in the past, and have recently acquired an iPhone (which I have hacked all to hell by now). What do you have so far and what are your goals for the site?

Dippo
Jan 4, 2008, 03:55 AM

If you are really serious, then I could certainly supply you with an iPhone in exchange for a significant number of well written articles.

netdog
Jan 4, 2008, 03:56 AM

+1

Dippo
Jan 4, 2008, 04:00 AM
Do you mean writing actual articles, or formatting articles supplied by you into simple web pages?

I mean writing actual articles. The web page design is already taken care of, I just need some well written content.

Dippo
Jan 4, 2008, 04:31 AM
I work in technology and have done quite a bit of writing in the past, and have recently acquired an iPhone (which I have hacked all to hell by now). What do you have so far and what are your goals for the site?

The goal for the site are pretty simple. I just want a site that provides every type of iPhone user with the information they need to get the most out of their iPhone. There is a lot of good information out there, but most of it is spread throughout the web, and the information is embedded in these "iPhone News" sites or deep within forum postings which makes it hard to find.

I have started with a detailed guide for helping new users get their iPhone setup and activated. It also provides details for getting e-mail and other apps setup. While Apple provides a good site, it lacks some detail that most non computer savy users may need. This guide is virtually complete.

I will continue on to provide a user guide for normal users that have already setup their iPhone. Once again, Apple and other sites provide good information, but there are glaring omissions in information that no one site has filled. I have already written a number of articles for this guide.

Finally I will provide an advanced user guide that is full of "non-hack" tips and tricks.

There will also be sections for troubleshooting problems with your iPhone, and another section of hacks for your iPhone.

There are a few more aspects that will be included in the site, but you get the idea. What this site WILL NOT BE is one of those "iPhone News" sites or an "iPhone Blog" that just rehashes the same news or rumors that is all over the web.

netdog
Jan 4, 2008, 04:34 AM
What are you offering for well written articles?

Dippo
Jan 4, 2008, 07:16 AM
What are you offering for well written articles?

I am pretty flexible in this area. I can offer ad sharing or linkbacks to your site. If that doesn't work for you then I can offer straight compensation on a per article basis. PM me and we can work something out.

Jasonbot
Jan 4, 2008, 09:33 AM
Will there be an iPod Touch section or a bit not dedicated to phone specific features?

So thats a NO then?

Dippo
Jan 5, 2008, 01:01 PM

So thats a NO then?

All of the iPod Touch features will be covered along with the iPhone's unique features. If you have an iPod Touch, I could certainly use web content directed toward iPod Touch users.

Jasonbot
Jan 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
All of the iPod Touch features will be covered along with the iPhone's unique features. If you have an iPod Touch, I could certainly use web content directed toward iPod Touch users.

In that case I'll help since I do have an iPod Touch.

NJPitcher
Jan 5, 2008, 03:27 PM
I'll help, if you give topics/leads, then I can see what I can do - don't really know how well I could do with an open-ended article, but if you give me a topic/s I'd be happy to help.

Eric1285
Jan 5, 2008, 04:12 PM
Sent you a PM. Would love to write for you.

iMouseHD
Jan 5, 2008, 05:18 PM
I would be interested, sent you a PM.

mknawabi
Jan 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
OP: I think you should request some writing samples.

baby duck monge
Jan 5, 2008, 09:14 PM
If you can supply an iPhone capable of being hacked, I can supply you with more or less as many articles as you want. It has to be hackable, though, as I do not plan on switching away from T-Mobile any time soon. If you're interested, PM me and I can provide you with writing samples in a number of different genres (from press release to book review to research paper to legal writing). I also have experience as an editor for both college newspapers and law journals.

phungy
Jan 5, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have a hacked iPhone as well. Wouldn't mind writing a few articles for you...

Eric Lewis
Jan 5, 2008, 10:25 PM
unlocked iPhone in Canada

love to help out

marclapierre13
Jan 5, 2008, 10:38 PM
I have PMed you in regards to my writing services that I can contribute to your iPhone articles.

Dippo
Jan 7, 2008, 11:04 PM
The tone of the articles is going to be informal with an average of 500 words per article.

For those that asked, here are some example topics:
- Managing multiple webpages in Safari
- Keyboard Tips and Tricks
- Using a Bluetooth Headset
- Using the Calculator
- Managing Stock Quotes

I have responded to everyone who has already PMed me, if anyone else wants to help, please PM me.