PDA

View Full Version : New 8 gb Touch, no problems

crowleytec
Jan 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
Just thought Id mention that I got a new 8gb Touch last night. For those who care, its a week 46 and absolutely perfect. Set up was smooth and I connected to my Airport within 10 minutes of being home with it.

Im quite impressed with it and have been having a lot of fun. Now I just have to find album art

nazuk
Jan 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
I purchased a 16GB Touch from the USA (i'm from the UK) back in September - worked great out of the box, connected the first time - no problems.

I played around by Jailbreaking it, then I felt I wanted to restore it back and wait until a few more updates, and the SDK stuff in February gets released before I make a decision which way I want to go.

Anyway, I was on vacation in the US during Christmas, was able to keep in 'Touch' with family and friends back at home using WiFi available complementary at the hotel. Also looked up Maps on Google, edited some Google Docs, checked my Bank Accounts. watched loads of episodes of Lost and Prison Break on a otherwise boring flight back home.

I have never had this 'experience' with any other device, despite me being a bit of a geek.

It was a joy to use, and so easy to surf the net.

Enjoy your new toy!