PDA

View Full Version : 80 vs. 160 classic

saga
Jan 3, 2008, 01:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone has information that would indicate if either the 80gb or 160gb is more reliable than the other. Reason being that I am on my 2nd 160gb, and it will be replaced once again. Just curious.
Thanks

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2008, 01:30 PM
Nope. Reliability is probably the same between the two.

motulist
Jan 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
I've seen no indication or even a murmur that one is more reliable than the other. That doesn't mean it's impossible, just that it's unlikely given that the MR forums are very prone to receiving loud shouts whenever someone has a problem with an Apple product.

Maybe you just had a particular run of bad luck by getting 2 bum ipods in a row, or maybe there's something wrong with your setup that's causing your ipods to fail. For instance maybe your usb port is slightly messed up and sending occasional surges of electricity to devices connected to that usb port, or whatever.

taficke
Jan 3, 2008, 02:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has information that would indicate if either the 80gb or 160gb is more reliable than the other. Reason being that I am on my 2nd 160gb, and it will be replaced once again. Just curious.
Thanks

Did you get a warranty?

MovieCutter
Jan 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
Did you get a warranty?

Those usually come with new iPods

saga
Jan 3, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah I have the warranty, and i'm sure they will be replacing it. I can actually hear a loud clicking inside. I was wondering if there was evidence of reliability differences between the two.