PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Macbook - on the cheaper side!

ktbubster
Jan 3, 2008, 07:39 PM
I made a thread looking for first gen macbooks a week or 2 ago, but it was limited to 600 dollars and ones with damage.

I wasn't sure if I should add to that if it would be confusing or whatnot.

Anyway. I am now looking for any macbook under 750 dollars shipped to 61801. I would assume this would include first gens in decent condition and later Core Duo or Earlier C2D models with scrapes or some cracking or minor problems. Perhaps one you are selling in decent condition but you want to keep the harddrive or some ram from.

As long as it is in working condition (or it is working before you take out the harddrive) and has atleast 512 mb of ram and a decent screen I will consider it! :)

Applecare means really little/nothing to me as I will probably end up voiding the warranty anyway.

Still interested in low prices on ones with screen damage or case damage (but price to fix or replace a screen etc should be considered in your offer) :)

Post your system details here or shoot me a PM with the specs of the machine, photos to ktbubster@comcast.net if you have them, and the price you want to get shipped to 61801 :)

THANKS in advance!

Hopefully I can help someone get a older gen laptop off their hands before macworld! :)

macuser14
Jan 4, 2008, 08:28 AM
I have a black 2006 Macbook with a broken logic board.
80GB hard drive
2.2 GHz intel core duo
512mb memory
Airport and bluetooth
Office (word, entourage, excel, etc.) installed

In perfect condition minus the broken logic board.
What might this be worth to you?

phungy
Jan 4, 2008, 09:25 AM
I have a black 2006 Macbook with a broken logic board.
80GB hard drive
2.2 GHz intel core duo
512mb memory
Airport and bluetooth
Office (word, entourage, excel, etc.) installed

In perfect condition minus the broken logic board.
What might this be worth to you?

There is no 2.2Ghz Core Duo. and since you stated 2006, I would assume its 2.0Ghz Core Duo.

macuser14
Jan 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
My mistake. It is a 2.0Ghz.

Thank you.

ktbubster
Jan 4, 2008, 01:51 PM
Well, I'm in talks with another member about a core 2 duo 2.0 ghz macbook in perfect working order just with a few basic "from normal wear" scratches on it for 800 shipped.

I'd say since yours needs a logic board fix, (and I don't have another macbook sitting around to charge the batteries in) which I hear can run up to 500-600 dollars alone (apparently I can get a logic board and do the full repair myself... which I could do, but would risk damaging it, for 3-400) and its a core duo version, so i'd say probably around 400 is what it's worth (since it's black 400 or so.. as opposed to 300)

Sadly the logic board is possibly the one and only problem that really kills the value of a laptop :(

If you do decide to part with it let me know though, or if you decide to part it out (I might be interested in all the casing components including the trackpad/wrist/keyboard area) let me know.

Otherwise all, I have a lead on one right now, but any other offers keep em coming! :)

worldwearyeyes
Jan 4, 2008, 01:53 PM
Well, I'm in talks with another member about a core 2 duo 2.0 ghz macbook in perfect working order just with a few basic "from normal wear" scratches on it for 800 shipped.

I'd say since yours needs a logic board fix, (and I don't have another macbook sitting around to charge the batteries in) which I hear can run up to 500-600 dollars alone (apparently I can get a logic board and do the full repair myself... which I could do, but would risk damaging it, for 3-400) and its a core duo version, so i'd say probably around 300 is what it's worth.

Sadly the logic board is possibly the one and only problem that really kills the value of a laptop :(

If you do decide to part with it let me know though, or if you decide to part it out (I might be interested in all the casing components including the trackpad/wrist/keyboard area) let me know.

Otherwise all, I have a lead on one right now, but any other offers keep em coming! :)

800 shipped, eh?? ;)

ktbubster
Jan 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
fine fine! I was rounding. 820 shipped :-P either way, my point on the broken macbook above still stands :D

worldwearyeyes
Jan 4, 2008, 03:36 PM
Deal done (at least for my Macbook). Will arrive to you Monday!