Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redblues

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I've got two bugs with the ipod touch to gripe about.

bug #1 is the bigger issue (for me), is that the touch won't charge sometimes when plugged into my laptop's USB port. This is after removing all other USB devices and waiting 24-48 hours and the touch's battery indicator still at whatever it was at when I plugged it in. Perhaps my laptop's USB ports aren't sending out enough juice, though I've never had problems with previous ipods and an archos 604 charging through it. It will charge however, if I plug it into a wall outlet.

bug #2 is the clock. It likes to reset itself to some random date and time whenever I sync it. This happened before and after jailbreaking so I'm pretty sure it wasn't related to that. It gets quite annoying adjusting the clock ten times a week.

Other than those issues it's been pretty reliable. The accelerometer could use work though.

Ollie1216

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2007
"Other than those issues it's been pretty reliable. The accelerometer could use work though"

Had same clock problems. Uninstall accelerometer. Reset clock. Reinstall accelerometer. Worked for me!

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
"Other than those issues it's been pretty reliable. The accelerometer could use work though"

Had same clock problems. Uninstall accelerometer. Reset clock. Reinstall accelerometer. Worked for me!

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm having the clock problems too, and this seems like the only thread that mentioned a fix. What do you mean by uninstalling/reinstalling the accelerometer?

EDIT: Never mind ... it fixed itself after syncing a few more times. Weird.

morellon

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
just disconnect iPod close iTunes and connect iPod. This will solve . This happens on notebboks after coming from hibernate mode with iTunes opned

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.