PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get rid of my SE/30

Dimwhit
Jan 4, 2008, 09:48 AM
Anyone know what the market is like for these? I see a lot on eBay asking upwards of $200 or more, but very few bids.

I have an SE/30 that works (to what extent it works, I don't know--but it boots up and is usable). Anyone looking to buy one? I put it up on Craigslist, but no bites after a week and a half.

CRAZYBUBBA
Jan 4, 2008, 09:53 AM
The market is exclusively for collectors/enthusiasts due to its inability to run color or modern OSes

You don't see prices in the $200 plus range because this model is not rare.

Do you have the manuals/box? That makes it attractive to a collector (but I wouldn't especially buy boxes and manuals in hopes of driving the price up).

Dimwhit
Jan 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
No boxes or manuals. And I don't really care to get a bunch of money. I just don't want to throw it away, and it would be nice to get something for it. Not doing me any good sitting on a shelf.

CRAZYBUBBA
Jan 4, 2008, 10:09 AM
In that case the following will be useful to prospective MR buyers:

1. Your location
2. Aprox price
3. Condition (OS disks, cables, keyboard, mouse, etc)

Dimwhit
Jan 4, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I guess that would help, wouldn't it. :)

I'm in Boise, Idaho. The computer is in decent condition. Keyboard and mouse included. I don't have original discs. It currently has 7.0.1 on it.

I really don't have a price point. It would probably cost $40 to ship, so maybe $100 (shipping included)?

I did think about turning it into a fishbowl or something, but that doesn't help me de-clutter...

Edit: I've got a picture at home. I'll try to post it tonight.