Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I run a small design studio and have been using an old windows desktop computer as our central file server. We're growing and can benefit from what Leopard server has to offer so I retired my old G5, bought Leopard Server and am going to use this as our new server.

Setup seemed fairly simple but I'm lost on where to go for help on the details: So I see a shared calendar in iCal, but what the hell do I do with it? How do I get our central file drive to mount on our desktops automatically as if it were another disk? How can I login remotely with VPN as if I was at the office? If we use an outside web and email host, how do I setup the server so we can access our project wikis from outside the office?

I'm an advanced computer users, so I know what I want...but I have all these questions about how to use our server and can't seem to find the answers using Apple's documentation. Any ideas on a good resource for server newbs??

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.