Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hudb05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
So i got the disc error where it says press any button to restart but it wont restart..but i fixed that and installed leopard back and its working fine..but how do i get win xp to install without having that problem?

tdotto

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2007
Toronto
similar issue

I am also in the same situation. First part of the Windows XP install is done and when the computer restarts, message appears "press any key to boot from CD".. which I leave alone. Following few seconds DISC ERROR appears and I am unable to restart pressing any key, having to press power button for hard reset.

If I press any key to boot from CD at this instance, I will be restarting Windows XP setup that I have already done.. right?

HELP Please

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
I don't know if that article mentioned this, but be sure that you chose "C:BOOTCAMP" as your partition to format to NTFS. That could be your problem. If that's not it, check your install CD/DVD for any scratches or smudges and clean them off should you find any.

hudb05

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
how do i format the partition? and what do i format it to?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.