PDA

View Full Version : Don't plug Apple Keyboards into the mains!

joe8232
Jan 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
Just thought I would warn everyone that this destroys the keyboard. I was such an idiot, the keyboard cable and my iphone cable were all tangled up and I accidently plugged the wrong one into the iphone charger and left it there overnight! Needless to say, when I found out it was too late. I blame apple for designing them exactly the same and not my stupidity / laziness!!!!:p

xUKHCx
Jan 5, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cheers for the warning, although I don't think we needed it.

Not that I can talk, I once destroyed an Firewire enclosure by accidentally forcing the cable in the wrong way around.

JNB
Jan 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
Just thought I would warn everyone that this destroys the keyboard. I was such an idiot, the keyboard cable and my iphone cable were all tangled up and I accidently plugged the wrong one into the iphone charger and left it there overnight! Needless to say, when I found out it was too late. I blame apple for designing them exactly the same and not my stupidity / laziness!!!!:p

Acceptance of Responsibility™ notwithstanding ;), it's not Apple's design, it's the USB-A standard. If anyone, blame Intel, MS, Philips, and US Robotics. They came up with it. Apple just gave the world a reason to use it. :D

iSee
Jan 5, 2008, 12:15 PM

At least the keyboard didn't catch fire, explode, and burn your house down :eek: