PDA

View Full Version : SONY ERICSSON - good stuff coming

windwaves
Oct 8, 2003, 10:29 AM
Have you guys heard of the Z600 phone "coming soon" and "all set for Apple" - seems like a pretty nice cell phone ? And even more interestingly they are announcing a digital music player HBM-30 that HAS BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE headphones, something I am dreaming about (well, for the iPod though).

PS: BY THE WAY: what happened to my post on Panther announcement and new iCal and iSync that I happily posted while everyone here and elsewhere - including Maccentral.com -was sleeping ??? Someone jalous deleted it ??

patrick0brien
Oct 8, 2003, 11:21 AM
-windwaves

The Z600 is out now - in Europe.

It will be six months or more before we North Americans can get our hands on one.

I just hope that S/E has improved their chronic reception issues.

windwaves
Oct 8, 2003, 12:02 PM
patrick,
do you really think that reception issues are due to the phone? I believe it is mostly the provider. I have used a T68i now for a long time and have not had reception problem; what I have experienced though is that sometimes I have to dial a number 5+ times before a get a connection. This according to most is due to the poor network that Cingular has at least here in NYC. Other than that I have to say my little T68i has been behaving pretty well and I love its form factor.

As to availability here in the US .... wow, am I not surprised ? It is quite amazing how archaic the whole cellular system is in the US compared to Europe where they are decades ahead (lets forget about Japan). It is kind of sad. In fact this friend of mine who also has a S/E phone (can't remember the model) says that when he is in Europe he never has one problem making a call whereas here in the US he has exactly the same problem that I described above.

patrick0brien
Oct 8, 2003, 12:34 PM
-windwaves

S/E rank near the bottom of the list for GSM reception, Nokia near the top.

In Europe, this is not as much a problem because of the GSM density there.

But in the states, it does present an issue because GSM is still being installed.

I hope that sheds some light on the situation