Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
I am doing a website for a friend and I need the picture of the dog to appear like it has the Kiss makeup on. Where do I start? I am a little confused on how to get a start to contour the face of the dog. Also I am not a noob at photoshop if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• webintroroxy2.jpg
    webintroroxy2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 94
  • paul_closeup_makeup.jpg
    paul_closeup_makeup.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 78

ahuman7341

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Fairbanks, AK
I made a layer filling white over the shape of the dogs face an changed blending mode to hue.

Then I got a shape of a star filled it with black and used transform>warp to shape it to the dogs face. then went in with the eraser to shape it where it seemed necessary and then I set the layer opacity to 73%.

For the lips I just painted red where it should go and changed the blending mode to color.

you can use this one if you like or you can make your own.

Attachments

• webintroroxy2.jpg
    webintroroxy2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 72

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
hey thanks foe taking the time to do all that, I figured I would run into trouble on the wrinkles and what not, I will give the warp tool a try and we how it goes, thanks again!

ac6789

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
You can also try the "displace" filter. When done properly it can look really realistic since it uses the actual face to contour the superimposed image to the folds & wrinkles.

Here's a link for a tutorial for putting on a tattoo, same principles can be applied to the dog: Displace Tutorial

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.