PDA

View Full Version : FT: MBP Power Supply Wall Cord for Power Supply Wall Adapter

w8ing4intelmacs
Jan 6, 2008, 07:37 PM
I've been using my MacBook Power Supply with the AC cable but would like to switch to the smaller AC wall adapter. But I can't find that part anymore!

So, just wondering if there's a MR person out there that would like to trade the long wall cord for the small wall adapter (not including the power supply itself).

BTW, if someone has a suggestion for wording this better, I would really appreciate it :)

thegoldenmackid
Jan 6, 2008, 08:01 PM
I have one...

An easier way to phrase this:

You are giving away the long chord in return,
The other person gives the short wall adapter.

w8ing4intelmacs
Jan 6, 2008, 09:13 PM
I have one...

An easier way to phrase this:

You are giving away the long chord in return,
The other person gives the short wall adapter.

thanks. that does seem easier :)

TEG
Jan 6, 2008, 09:36 PM
The small plug adapter that fits in the AC adapter is called (by Apple) "The Duckend Connector".

Your "long cable" is a 2m cable, the ultimate question is... Does it have a grounded (3 prong) plug or a non-grounded (2 prong) plug?

You were never able to buy the duckend connector as a separate part, it only came with new AC adapters. You can usually find one on eBay for about $1.

TEG

w8ing4intelmacs
Jan 7, 2008, 08:09 AM
The small plug adapter that fits in the AC adapter is called (by Apple) "The Duckend Connector".

Your "long cable" is a 2m cable, the ultimate question is... Does it have a grounded (3 prong) plug or a non-grounded (2 prong) plug?

You were never able to buy the duckend connector as a separate part, it only came with new AC adapters. You can usually find one on eBay for about $1.

TEG

the ones i found on ebay go for $4 + s/h (usually $6), or more. it's definitely a grounded plug (i.e., came from a magsafe power supply).