PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook battery

Reflow
Jan 6, 2008, 09:43 PM
Let me start on what happened. I recently got my lower casing replaced and then I got my replacement battery from the recall. Now I did notice that the battery kind of doesn't seat properly. It seems to stick out a little. Which now it seems to bother me. Do you think I should give apple a call or bring it into the store?

Eidorian
Jan 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
The battery isn't flush on my MacBook. :(

I've noticed that it IS flush on a PowerBook/MacBook Pro though. It might be passed off as "cosmetic".

heatmiser
Jan 6, 2008, 09:46 PM
Same deal on my Macbook; you can easily feel the boundary between the battery and the body by sliding a finger across the bottom. Annoying, but...eh.

Reflow
Jan 6, 2008, 09:46 PM
The battery isn't flush on my MacBook. :(

I've noticed that it normal IS on a PowerBook/MacBook Pro though. It might be passed off as "cosmetic" though.

I don't agree as I never was like that before the new battery. I was flush before any repairs.

Well there is no cosmetic on the bottom. I did get the lower casing replaced. So it still looks new

Eidorian
Jan 6, 2008, 09:51 PM
Well there is no cosmetic on the bottom. I did get the lower casing replaced. So it still looks newThe battery not sitting flush might be considered a "cosmetic defect" and not one that requires repair.

Reflow
Jan 6, 2008, 09:53 PM
The battery not sitting flush might be considered a "cosmetic defect" and not one that requires repair.

Would it matter if it was still under Apple Care?

Eidorian
Jan 6, 2008, 09:54 PM
Would it matter if it was still under Apple Care?Nope.

Would Apple replace your exterior case for just a scratch?

Reflow
Jan 6, 2008, 09:56 PM
Nope.

Would Apple replace your exterior case for just a scratch?

Well to me it seems like a defect. It was never caused my me.

Eidorian
Jan 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
Well to me it seems like a defect. It was never caused my me.Now that might be another story but please take this advice.

Your mileage may vary.

Don't come back here furious that Apple didn't fix it.

Reflow
Jan 6, 2008, 09:59 PM
Don't come back here furious that Apple didn't fix it.

Nope I not that kind of person. Oh well I guess I will find out soon enough..

Eidorian
Jan 6, 2008, 10:01 PM
Nope I not that kind of person. Oh well I guess I will find out soon enough..Good luck then! :cool: