Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDaddy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
I recently installed this head unit into my car, along with the bluetooth and ipod adapters. The bluetooth adapter works great with my iphone, it sync'd my phonebook and makes calls very well.

When I hook up the ipod adapter to my iphone, the iphone recognizes that it's connected (it says "iPod Accessory Attached"), but when I select the ipod input, all I get is a screen on the head unit that says "Loading," and never goes away.

Does anybody have this set up, and have you gotten it to work? Or does anybody have any suggestions?

mugearsuk

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Hi there. I don't think it works. I have the same stereo and it is doing the same. Have you managed to solve the problem yet?

Let me know,
thanks,
Ricki

Bressler

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2007
reviving this thread - I just got a new car with the KD-NX5000 with its bluetooth adapter. When I paired it with my (1st gen) iPhone, it worked right away. Not only making and receiving calls but giving my access to the phonebook, setting up presets, etc.

However, the next time I start the car, the name of the phone is grayed out on the unit's phone screen, so I can't get to any of the menus for things like presets or phonebooks. Fortunately, I can still receive calls through the unit and make calls if I use the iPhones keypad, so I have basic functionality.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is my head unit defective? Or, are the units just not 100% compatible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.