PDA

View Full Version : Duties on Apple Canada Store???

iEric
Oct 8, 2003, 10:14 PM
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and i would like to buy something from the Apple Store (Canada). I was wondering where it ships...Do they ship from Canada or from the States? (Cause I don't want to buy something and find out i have to pay duties :eek: )

pivo6
Oct 8, 2003, 10:50 PM
I bought my iMac last October and it shipped from Taiwan to the U.S. I guess it will also depend on what you're ordering. Have you gone all the way through the process to find out what shipping and other costs (VAT etc) you'll be charged?

notjustjay
Oct 8, 2003, 11:19 PM
They ship from all over the place.. Taiwan, California... but you do not pay anything extra above and beyond what you are charged directly from the Apple Store.

I.e. You don't pay the web store and then discover two weeks later that you also owe the shipping company a bunch of money, as I did once with a camera store.

You pay PST and GST and that is all.

Duff-Man
Oct 9, 2003, 09:51 PM
Duff-Man says....I can confirm what notjustjay says - you pay only what Apple charges you at the online Canadian store, all the customs brokering etc is built in to the price ......oh yeah!

oldschool
Oct 9, 2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Duff-Man
Duff-Man says....I can confirm what notjustjay says - you pay only what Apple charges you at the online Canadian store, all the customs brokering etc is built in to the price ......oh yeah!

hahahha

i am no longer DUFFMAN...i am now just plain old Barry Duffman.