Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Hello, all the time that launch RE4 (on windows) appear the next message: "Couldn't set up Directx". This seems to me strange, RE4 works whit Directx 9 same that FIFA 2008, but FIFA runs awesome.
The card video on windows says its 224 Mb on the control panel. Should i have to check on the bios for change the memory destined to the video card?. If this is the solution: how i can enter to the macbook BIOS on windows??

Sorry for my gramatic and spelling.

Ill be so gratefull for any help.

JWest

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
1) Macs don't have BIOS, they use EFI to boot, not BIOS. One of the functions of bootcamp is to allow windows to boot through EFI. So you can't adjust anything in the BIOS, for Macs don't have that.

2) Macbooks have integrated graphics, and not all games will start properly with integrated graphics.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
1) Macs don't have BIOS, they use EFI to boot, not BIOS. One of the functions of bootcamp is to allow windows to boot through EFI. So you can't adjust anything in the BIOS, for Macs don't have that.

2) Macbooks have integrated graphics, and not all games will start properly with integrated graphics.

Thx man to help me to discipar doubts. Hope RE4 it is not between the games that dont start properly whit integrated graphics, since it was released in the 2005.

thx.

m1ss1ontomars

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2006

Only your last sentence is correct, there. Boot Camp allows your EFI to emulate a BIOS so that Windows sees a BIOS. Boot Camp does not enable EFI in Windows; that's a much more difficult task. Well, according to Microsoft it is; that's why there's still no EFI in Vista.

Wulliwolf

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Ok. the question is now: how I optimize the yield of the graphical card??. I can cause that works with more than 128 Mb??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.