Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
good question. i can see my printer on the rendevous printer list when i go to print (printer connected to airport) but it wont let me SELECT it and send a print job to it!

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Re: The priter and the Airport.

Originally posted by muticere
How do I make it so I can print stuff through Airport?
1.)Establish an Airport network.
2.)Install printer software.
3.)Plug printer into USB port on Airport
4.)Add printer in Print Center. Select your printer from Rondezvous printers.
5.)Print something using the selected printer.

That's assuming you're using a base station. You can also set up a network of computers using Airport but without a base station. In that case, install a printer on 1 computer and share it in system preferences.

muticere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
My printer's in the Print Center, but how do I add to the Rendezvous list?

muticere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
I still need help. HorrorTaxi's description is not descriptive enough, or doesn't work. Sorry, but I need this.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
If you're using Panther you might have some special issues keeping you from printing. Panther, Airport, and certain printers just don't get along.

Here's how it should work, in as step-by-step a fashion as I can put it. Install your printer driver/software--you'll probably have to restart. Plug the printer into the AirPort and turn it on. Open Printer Setup Utility, which will bring up the printer list. Click on ADD. Select "Rendezvous" from the drop-down list and you should see your printer listed in the box. Select the printer and click add. Your printer is now set up. Open something and print a test page.

Better this time?

muticere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
I'm sorry for being brisk. Yes, it was very helpful. Thank you very much. no I don't have Panther. I actually got this printer with the $99 promo, so I imagine it should work...

Thanks Again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.