Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jettylocal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
The other day my B/W 17" display started cracking, popping and seemingly tripping up other machines in my office. I was overdue anyway for a new monitor. While looking through the macrumors forums for crt advice, I kept coming across the site http://www.monitorsdirect.com/ as a quality place to buy a display.

Anyway, I ordered a display from them yesterday about 3:30pm or so and to my surprise it was delivered today about 2pm. (I didn't ask for any expedited service either).

I just wanted to take the time and thank the macrumors forum users for sharing their experiences good and bad. It is a superb resource for mac users and I really appreciate (and am humbled) by the vast amount of knowledge flowing through these pages.

(BTW-I tried to buy the same monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB) at the apple (online) store yesterday and the estimated ship time in my shopping cart was 3-4 weeks...uuummm, thanks but no thanks.)

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I think you should be voted newbie of the month... before your first post you decided it was smarter to do a good search and look thru the tremendous amount of discussion on crts and found exactly what you were looking for without needing a new thread... hip hip hoooray

congrats, enjoy the new display

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Wow! A newbie who thinks first and posts last? I'm impressed. ;) Hope that monitor works out for you.

I'd never seen any mention of that website but now I know too. Eventually, I'll be buying another monitor as I've got an old 640x480 Performa monitor connected to a card capable of more than 1024x768. :(

jettylocal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
Thank you for the kind comments...and yes, I'm now loving life working on a 19" screen at 1280x1024.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.