Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixalias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Hey,
I've searched for a short while about this, however I couldn't find anything relevant (This isn't a Photoshop color problem), and any good results I'm sure were buried under "buy it now" and useless reviews.

My Epson R280, brand new, on Leopard 10.5.1 completely ignores any color setting I give it. This includes turning off color management, changing it to colorsync, changing to vivid/photoenhance/standard/adobe RGB and changing things that should be easily noticeable (for example, changing brightness to 15). This is with Epson's drivers, from their site (6.1). I have already tried head cleaning/print head alignment.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I can't get this thing to budge, and the prints it gives are so terrible that I'm using my old deskjet 3320. The prints it gives are ridiculously dark, to the point where textures are not visible, and if I switch to glossy carded photo paper, a texture like this prints as a solid purple.

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
Try resetting printers in System Preferences/Print & Fax select the printer icon on the left side of the window, control+click gives you a drop down menu, then select reset printing system.

felixalias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Try resetting printers in System Preferences/Print & Fax select the printer icon on the left side of the window, control+click gives you a drop down menu, then select reset printing system.

Didn't work :( Thanks for helping though

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
The only other thing that I can suggest is to insure that you have selected the proper paper profile for your printer. Off brand non-profiled papers can display great color shifts.

Printer driver v3.68 is the latest Leopard driver for your Epson R280.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.