PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Books w/ Aperture

zioxide
Jan 8, 2008, 02:14 PM
So I have all of my images in Aperture but I want to make a photo book in iPhoto for a gift because it has better templates. I have iLife sharing on in Aperture but I can't drag photos from Aperture in to iPhoto. It also won't let me drag them from viewing the Aperture library inside iPhoto?

What am I doing wrong?

Lovesong
Jan 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
Why don't you just make books using Aperture? The books that you can make with Aperture are a lot more flexible than those that can be made with iPhoto, and you get the same quality.

Jan 8, 2008, 03:22 PM
Try importing the photos to iPhoto. It's fairly easy and I think it would solve your problem.:)

But, yes, even tho Aperture lacks templates, it is much more flexible and let's you create more professional looking books. Give it a try.

vanmacguy
Jan 8, 2008, 03:24 PM
So I have all of my images in Aperture but I want to make a photo book in iPhoto for a gift because it has better templates. I have iLife sharing on in Aperture but I can't drag photos from Aperture in to iPhoto. It also won't let me drag them from viewing the Aperture library inside iPhoto?

What am I doing wrong?

You need to export the photos from Aperture and then import them to iPhoto.

Cheers.

Macerture
Jan 9, 2008, 08:09 PM
as has been stated - create an 'untitled folder' on your desktop, drag or export your images to that folder, open iPhoto, import them from that folder. Or, as has been mentioned, use the Aperture book option.

zioxide
Jan 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
hmm ok.. exporting seems the easiest then.

I know Aperture has the book feature, but I don't really want to go through the trouble of creating a template for a simple gift, since iPhoto has some good ones.