PDA

View Full Version : Panther Will Treat Upgrade Cards Like Roy

mangoman
Oct 9, 2003, 10:25 AM
At the bottom of this page:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9227LL/A
you'll see the following:
"3) Processor upgrade cards are not supported. "

If we have proc' upgrades, are we screwed from running Panther? I really hope my OWC 1.4GHz upgrade card doesn't force me to cancel my Panther preorder.

Ambrose Chapel
Oct 9, 2003, 10:45 AM
read this from xlr8 your mac (scroll down til you see this headline):

Comments on OS 10.3 not supporting CPU upgrades or G3 Macs w/o onboard USB (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/)

oldschool
Oct 9, 2003, 11:22 AM
Funny title to the thread, but watch out...you're gonna start getting flamed because of that. Just a heads up....not that i am offended.

Horrortaxi
Oct 9, 2003, 11:40 AM
You're probably okay, just don't buy Panther for the first few days--let somebody else do it first. I'm sure Apple doesn't support the upgrade proccessors because they're not Apple product. In all likelihood they'll work just fine.

mangoman
Oct 9, 2003, 11:44 AM
You're right oldschool -- some PETA supporter will cry over that. :rolleyes:

I've knelt next to people and watched them die from stranger things than a tiger bite.

Geez, I shouldn't do this, but... Think about this Sigfreak and Roytoy thing: the whole thrill of the show is the element of the danger. So why is 'the world' in mourning over this 'tragedy'? Ya play with the tiger, ya die by the tiger.

Gimme a ------' break.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread: Turns out that Ambrose's xlr8yourmac link is good early info. Sounds encouraging. Thanks, Ambrose.

Lanbrown
Oct 9, 2003, 12:33 PM
There is a huge difference between support and it not working. If Apple said they worked, then if there are problems, Apple gets to figure out why. If they don't support them and it doesn't work, they could say we said it wouldn't run. It is no different then what a lot of manufacturers do.

oldschool
Oct 9, 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by mangoman
You're right oldschool -- some PETA supporter will cry over that. :rolleyes:

I've knelt next to people and watched them die from stranger things than a tiger bite.

Geez, I shouldn't do this, but... Think about this Sigfreak and Roytoy thing: the whole thrill of the show is the element of the danger. So why is 'the world' in mourning over this 'tragedy'? Ya play with the tiger, ya die by the tiger.

Gimme a ------' break.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread: Turns out that Ambrose's xlr8yourmac link is good early info. Sounds encouraging. Thanks, Ambrose.

I never said i was offended...and I also think that people are totally overreacting. If I had a pitbull, and it mauled me in my backyard, i don't think i'd make world news.

Anyways...remember that conan SAT analogy? Chinese food is to soy sauce, as sigfried is to.......

mangoman
Oct 9, 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by oldschool
Anyways...remember that conan SAT analogy? Chinese food is to soy sauce, as sigfried is to.......

Hadn't heard that one, but it's a keeper. :D