PDA

View Full Version : TiBook screen falling apart...

trebblekicked
Oct 9, 2003, 05:56 PM
so, i've had my ti for a little less than a year and the screen is litterally falling apart.

along the depression the keyboard is set in, some small discolorations apeared. turns out, these disolorations are slightly raised, maybe they're infamous paint bubbles, and have dug some divits into my lcd screen. there are five divits in the screen right now, and i haven't called applecare yet, but i've got a feeling their going to tell me "tough".

any one else have this problem? use applecare? response?

daveL
Oct 9, 2003, 06:21 PM
I've had my TiBook for almost exactly the same length of time. I've traveled extensively with it and use it as my main machine everyday. I haven't had any problems with paint, screen or otherwise. I did notice, when I first got it, that the keys on the keyboard were leaving an impression on the screen. I cleaned it real good and started inserting two pieces of copier paper before I closed it up. Problem solved. Screen is perfect.

Of course, you may be having a completely different problem.

applemacdude
Oct 9, 2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah if your powerbook is still inder warranty i'll say go give apple a call

shadowfax
Oct 9, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
Yeah if your powerbook is still inder warranty i'll say go give apple a call it probably won't do anything for you to call them about it. i have the same problem with my TiBook, though. little tiny things almost like holes, most of them about where the bottom of the keyboard is... i was thinking it was specks of dust mashed between the LCD panel and the titanium. it's annoying, but my screen looks fine with the backlight on, so i don't whine. it's certainly not falling apart.

as far as apple though, again, these scratches are like dead pixels... you'd have to have a lot of them, and they would have to really obstruct your screen viewing. my advice, if it bothers you to have the things: but the copier paper in between the lid and the base.