Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Totally pointless, but seeing as I'm too lazy to pull out any of my Mac Pluses from storage, I came across the beautiful Mac Plus emulator vMac.

So, how many of you can boast running OS 6 under OS X? :D

Attachments

• emulation.jpg
    emulation.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 510

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Damn, that thing must fly like OS 6 has never flown before!

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Let's put it this way... it completely boots in four seconds. :D Those were the good ol' days... no extensions, no fat code, just a good ol' core system folder that weighed in at a hefty 880K!

And I love hearing the old Mac Plus beep again!

stromie952

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hey Hemingray,

Where did you find that emulator?
I've been wanting to pull out our old Plus, but I haven't had the time.
That emulator looks cool!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I'd love to get my hands on the emulator and a bunch of those games, post the link if its available.

Ah, nostalgia:)

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Okay, here we go!

vMac Emulator:
http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=4782&db=mac

Mac Plus ROM: (Please keep in mind that in order for your download to be legal you need to own a Mac Plus... yadda yadda yadda)
http://www.homestead.com/_ksi0701961505042217/newtstuff/files/vmac.zip

World Builder Games:
http://www.geocities.com/worldbuildergames/
(For some reason I couldn't get Enchanted Scepters to work! Kept getting bombs.)

Use Disk Copy to make disk images for the Mac Plus emulator to read and write to. Instructions come with vMac.

Have fun! :D

P.S. Nice sig MacAztec!

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Hemingray

Please help me!!! I've downloaded all the files but I can't make it work. I've got the vMac emulator and the .rom file and I've placed the .rom file in the vMac folder, I start the emulator and I get the disk with a blinking question mark!!!!

What should I do....

Sorry....

Kindest Regards

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
there were some good games on the mac plus (and other macs that followed)
Dark Casttle, ... (can't remember any others anymore, I have a blackout from posting on MR:p )

And why I could remember DC? Because I came across a completely reworked version that ran straight under X (in color and everything)
Except the controls are still difficult as hell.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Please help me!!! I've downloaded all the files but I can't make it work. I've got the vMac emulator and the .rom file and I've placed the .rom file in the vMac folder, I start the emulator and I get the disk with a blinking question mark!!!!

What should I do....

Hey, sorry about that! I forgot to mention, you'll need a System to start it up.
The darn thing is, I can't find where I got my disk image from! I'm searching right now, so as soon as I find one, I'll post the link.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Thanks a lot Hemingray!!!

I'm starting to download the StartUp Disk! Thank you Hemingray for all the directions given and for your time finding them!

By the way... I remember a game, that if I'm not in mistake, the name was"Risk"... like conquering continents. Where can I find it?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
ROFL! I never thought I'd see one of THESE again! :D

Poor old thing... thank God it's only an emu. :D

Attachments

• rofl.jpg
    rofl.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 330

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I got bored and downloaded vMac. Now I remember the joy of shooting down vector based TIE fighters. Vector based, those were the good old days....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.