PDA

View Full Version : "One more thing…"

zombitronic
Jan 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
So, what will it be? An expected product? An unexpected product? A service?

Will there be "one more thing..."? Will Steve nix the Keynote dessert because it's already been leaked? Will we be satisfied but unsurprised or will this be a testament to Apple's ability to keep secrets, leaving us shocked and awed?

Will Apple again shake the foundation of the digital world we know or merely nudge it?

mrkramer
Jan 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
I'm thinking probably the ultra portable will end up being the one-more thing if there is one.

Peace
Jan 10, 2008, 08:19 PM
The old Beatles rumor sure is quiet this year.

FJ218700
Jan 10, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking probably the ultra portable will end up being the one-more thing if there is one.

Hope it's a quick keynote then.

Eidorian
Jan 10, 2008, 08:23 PM
The old Beatles rumor sure is quiet this year.It sounds like you know something. :rolleyes:

One more thing tends to be odds and ends that didn't make it for MacWorld. I'd be happy for a Mac mini update or the Apple TV. I wouldn't expect much else.

Kashchei
Jan 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
I think this year's "one more thing" will be the iTunes movie rental program/Apple TV update. Either that or the i-rack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE)

bjett92
Jan 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
I think this year's "one more thing" will be the iTunes movie rental program/Apple TV update. Either that or the i-rack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE)

Hahaha one of the best madTV sketches!

Wild-Bill
Jan 10, 2008, 08:26 PM
"One more thing...... owners of the pre-2008 Mac Pro will have to purchase an entirely new system if they want updated graphics (aka 8800gt), as Apple does not intend to provide an upgrade path to that card".

bacaramac
Jan 10, 2008, 08:32 PM
Wow, that was great. Nice laugh.

olternaut
Jan 10, 2008, 09:31 PM
I think Apple will do something totally unexpected like debut the first OSX enabled Apple ROBOT!!!
Who wouldn't buy a robot from Apple? :D

Scorch07
Jan 10, 2008, 09:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

maybe the ultralight, since everone is expecting it, and will be wondering where it is, so he'll use that as his "oh yeah, almost forgot" this year. Just a theory.

Doe1524
Jan 10, 2008, 10:18 PM
I think apple should introduce soon an apple pbx, along with new iphone applications to deal with the pbx. VoIP, ISDN, IAX, SIP, POT. With posibility to use apple usb modem as FXO. With more and more iphone in businesses and more and more hard to used Linux based PBX which do offer lot more posibility than the conventional PBX, there is really a big good deal for apple in there.
itunes like interface on open standards but better than asterix and with web access, can be run on any mac.

Afelio trying to get out but a year waiting now.
May be apple take it over, who knows...

Starface not really userfriendly with their web interface and elastix still hard to configure and time consuming for business that need to be up an running on time

anyway, only some days to know if.

zombitronic
Jan 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
I think Apple will do something totally unexpected like debut the first OSX enabled Apple ROBOT!!!
Who wouldn't buy a robot from Apple? :D

Macworld Expo 2020; Steve's last keynote. After giving his final farewell and thanks, he turns to leave the stage, pauses and turns back and says, "But there is one more thing..."

From backstage, out walks the Apple iRobot.

donga
Jan 11, 2008, 12:07 AM
it'd be sweet if the one more thing is the apple record label

Lunettes
Jan 11, 2008, 12:50 AM
it'd be sweet if the one more thing is the apple record label
That would be something :)

What about OS X for general PCs? :D

anti-microsoft
Jan 11, 2008, 12:58 AM
1. ultraportable
2. new :apple:tv (with iTunes store)
3. YouTube Via iTunes
4. New iPhone/iPod touch feature
5. New FrontRow

swagi
Jan 11, 2008, 02:15 AM
.mac will allow you to keep your movie rentals for 48 hours

As server capacity will be more needed, we up the price point to fab 149$ per year.

One last thing:Mac OS X upgrades now distributed via .mac exclusively :mad:

theLimit
Jan 11, 2008, 03:14 AM
Maybe the PowerBook G5? :p

Is that joke still even funny?

netdog
Jan 11, 2008, 03:17 AM
The old Beatles rumor sure is quiet this year.

But I would bet on an announcement. Macca and Ringo as guests?

siurpeeman
Jan 11, 2008, 03:21 AM
5. New FrontRow

one more thing, and front row makes your top five? the current front row isn't even that bad.

was it ever? :)

i'm going to be bold and say that there will not be a "one more thing" this year. all the big news will be revealed up front, just like last year.

evil_santa
Jan 11, 2008, 03:22 AM
Im hoping for something innovative like This (http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/2000/20000.shtml)

teleromeo
Jan 11, 2008, 03:45 AM

maybe an elevator ...

Yes it is still funny.

eric55lv
Jan 12, 2008, 01:58 AM
Its always what everyones waiting for so I guess the super-laptop

anti-microsoft
Jan 12, 2008, 04:16 AM
Its always what everyones waiting for so I guess the super-laptop

AHA! but in September 2006 people were expecting apple to release the true video iPod... and they didn't until the following year!!

Brianstorm91
Jan 12, 2008, 05:40 AM
iPhone v.2

PowerFullMac
Jan 12, 2008, 06:33 AM
Im just hoping for a super-CHEAP laptop. Lets hope, if this new Air MacBook thingy comes out, it will be £500, then I will be happy! Even if something amazing comes out like a tablet, if I cant afford it, who cares?