PDA

View Full Version : when will new hardware announced at MAC Expo be available for purchase?

fpiddy
Jan 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
monday ? tuesday? what time? I am so excited I can hardly wait:D

killmoms
Jan 10, 2008, 04:21 PM
It varies. Sometimes the stuff they announce is available for purchase after the keynote is over that day. Sometimes it's not. It's a crapshoot, really.

psychofreak
Jan 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
Some things are available straight away, some things may come a few weeks after...we don't know more than you...

Brianstorm91
Jan 10, 2008, 04:22 PM
It varies, software could be available in days, hardware could be anywhere from immediate shipping to 4 weeks or so.
Third party vendors are likely to have their stock all ready for shipping.

Edit: psychofreak beat me to it by seconds.

Scorch07
Jan 10, 2008, 05:06 PM
Here lately Apple's been releasing stuff as soon as they announce it. I sure as heck hope they release the new MBPs (if they are announced) the same day, because I've been waiting to get my new laptop long enough as it is. I would hate for Steve to announce them and say wait 2 weeks for them. One word: TORTURE.

If he doesn't announce anything on MBPs at all, then I'm not waiting any further than Macworld, and if he does, I suppose I'll wait till when that's actually released, again, hoping its another immediate release.

Telp
Jan 10, 2008, 05:36 PM
RIGHT AWAY!!! We hope. I know ill be going to the apple store right away to see the new products :D:D

Brianstorm91
Jan 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
I sure as heck hope they release the new MBPs (if they are announced) the same day, because I've been waiting to get my new laptop long enough as it is.

Maybe this (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=412084)'d interest you.