Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mario38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
When I burn an MP3 or data disc using iTunes, each track is numbered. I would like to bypass the numbering and have iTunes use only the song name as the name of the file. Is there a way to bypass the default track numbering?

Thanks

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
You can take out the track numbering in iTunes. It is the way that iTunes labels the files in iTunes. I suppose if you turn off the keep folder organized option it will leave the file name alone when you import it into iTunes originally.

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing, uncheck "Create file names with track number". I'm not sure how this will effect the existing library, but future files shouldn't have the track number in the file name.

Mario38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing, uncheck "Create file names with track number". I'm not sure how this will effect the existing library, but future files shouldn't have the track number in the file name.

I already have that option selected. My file names do not have track numbers. BUT track numbers are being added by iTunes when the files are burned to a CD. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.