PDA

View Full Version : Computer freezes when going to sleep!

LimeLite
Oct 10, 2003, 01:16 AM
Ok everyone, I could really use some help here. Any time I try to put my computer to sleep, it just freezes. It's a Dual 867 MDD, I'm running the latest 10.2.8, but this problem happened before that. I've done an archive install of the OS. It happens both if I select sleep in the apple menu or hit the button on the display. Permissions have been repaired. Disk has been checked, reformatted (HD restored by Carbon Copy Cloner from a backup drive) Does anyone have any fresh ideas?

illumin8
Oct 10, 2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LimeLite
Ok everyone, I could really use some help here. Any time I try to put my computer to sleep, it just freezes. It's a Dual 867 MDD, I'm running the latest 10.2.8, but this problem happened before that. I've done an archive install of the OS. It happens both if I select sleep in the apple menu or hit the button on the display. Permissions have been repaired. Disk has been checked, reformatted (HD restored by Carbon Copy Cloner from a backup drive) Does anyone have any fresh ideas?
I've had problems before with some cheap USB devices that don't know how to sleep properly. Try disconnecting all of your USB and Firewire peripherals and see if the problem still occurs.

LimeLite
Oct 10, 2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by illumin8
I've had problems before with some cheap USB devices that don't know how to sleep properly. Try disconnecting all of your USB and Firewire peripherals and see if the problem still occurs.
Yeah, i was thinking it might be that, and I took out all of the peripherals that haven't been attached since back when it worked, but maybe I'll try taking out everything.