Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Hello,
I have 2 Mac Laptops. One is a new MacBook Pro. The other is my old MacBook. I upgraded to the pro and gave the other to my wife. I had Parallels installed on my old laptop but my wife will never need Windows on her MacBook. She is running Tiger and I'm running Leopard. I wanted to install parallels on my MacBook Pro but the activation code does not work. I'm pretty sure that I completely uninstalled Parallels from her computer but I'm thinking that it is still linked to hers. Should I just get a new code or is there a way to do what I want? I still need to upgrade to 3.0 for the better Leopard support correct?

Thanks for the help.
V

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Hello,
I have 2 Mac Laptops. One is a new MacBook Pro. The other is my old MacBook. I upgraded to the pro and gave the other to my wife. I had Parallels installed on my old laptop but my wife will never need Windows on her MacBook. She is running Tiger and I'm running Leopard. I wanted to install parallels on my MacBook Pro but the activation code does not work. I'm pretty sure that I completely uninstalled Parallels from her computer but I'm thinking that it is still linked to hers. Should I just get a new code or is there a way to do what I want? I still need to upgrade to 3.0 for the better Leopard support correct?

Thanks for the help.
V

My suggestion would be contact Parallels customer support. But here's a clipping from their website:

Congratulations on your purchase of Mac OS X Leopard. To ensure a seamlessly experience with Leopard, it is highly recommended that Parallels Desktop customers only run Parallels Desktop 3.0 Build 5582, after Leopard has been installed. More»

So you may wish to upgrade.

00PS

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
My suggestion would be contact Parallels customer support. But here's a clipping from their website:

So you may wish to upgrade.

Just to clarify here, when you say upgrade you mean purchasing another copy of parallels, or simply installing parallels on leopard and downloading the update to 3.0? I am having a similar problem where i input the activation code then move to installing windows and then it again asks for the activation code.

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
Just to clarify here, when you say upgrade you mean purchasing another copy of parallels, or simply installing parallels on leopard and downloading the update to 3.0? I am having a similar problem where i input the activation code then move to installing windows and then it again asks for the activation code.

Unfortunately yes - the 3.0 is a paid upgrade. But contact their support and see if they can fix your problem without you having to buy the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.