Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
This just showed up on my iTunes tonight when I went to the iTS and I'm not sure what it means (see attachment, the part circled in red). It's not clickable, I don't have any purchases that haven't been downloaded, and I can't see anything anywhere else on the store that would correspond to it. Anyone else seen this or have any idea what it might be? It's not a huge deal, I was just curious.

Attachments

• twovideos.jpg
    twovideos.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 180

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Is that what that means? But what sort of videos? How odd. I haven't see a charge for any un-downloaded videos in my purchase history. The only other person that has access to my iTunes account is my 14 year old niece, but she wouldn't have bought anything without it going through my purchase history. I'll have to call her tomorrow and see if she knows anything about it. Anyone else have any ideas?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I assume any video for $1.99 (although I'm not sure, because I've never seen credits for a video before).

Those types of credits are usually received by entering a promotional code of sorts into iTunes (sometimes companies hand them out for completing a survey, or Apple gives you a code for submitting a problem, etc.).

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
I assume any video for $1.99 (although I'm not sure, because I've never seen credits for a video before).

Those types of credits are usually received by entering a promotional code of sorts into iTunes (sometimes companies hand them out for completing a survey, or Apple gives you a code for submitting a problem, etc.).

Yeah, I've never seen it before either. I guess I'll have to ask my niece if she knows anything about it. Thanks for the info!

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Sorry to keep this going, but I just want to know if anyone else has seen this and can confirm what it means? EricNau's idea makes sense, except for the fact that no one who has access to my account has ever entered anything that would cause us to get 2 free video credits. I can't imagine Apple would just randomly give someone something like that for no reason. So I just want to see if anyone else has had this show up and if they have any other opinions as to what it could be. If not, I'll leave it alone and not look a gift horse in the mouth. But I would like to know for sure what it means, if possible.

Mr.Texor

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
I'm very confident that it means that you got 2 free videos. When you get free songs, it says something like "# Songs." If you add some money using a card, it would say something like "$25.00 and 2 videos."

What you can do is enable the shopping cart (if you dont have it already on). Add some of the videos and see what the shopping cart says it will cost you...

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I've gotten these before, but only when I have submitted problems with content I had purchased. For example: episode 2 of the Fall Guy tv show is a duplicate of episode 3, and episode 2 is missing. I reported it 2 weeks ago and they kept sending me free download credits instead of acknowledging the problem I was reporting. After 3 free video credits someone with half a brain over there finally read one of my emails and submitted the report for investigation (still hasn't been fixed).

The video credits work for TV shows, and probably for music videos as well. They don't work for movies or music. I forget if there was any difference in the checkout process, I don't recall there being any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.