Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsannice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Hi

Every time I import a jpeg into word on my mac it comes out as a solid black object. Quite a few people in my office have the same prob. Does anyone know why?

Lindsey

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
Are you preparing the images yourself or are they supplied to you?

Generally this happens when you try to place a CMYK image into a Microsoft program which usually only like RGB images.

Most image software (Photoshop etc) can convert colour profiles for you.

Hope that helps!

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I've had problems import pictures into Word too.
I imported jpegs and pdfs. Then I tried to open on my "work Windows machine" (RDC to a Windows terminal server 2003). Word doc said it need Quicktime to display. Then I ran into resolution issues.
Finally, I just convert to "png" file and import that. I believe Word "renders" instead of another program.
Anyway, better cross-platform consistency.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I've had problems import pictures into Word too.
I imported jpegs and pdfs. Then I tried to open on my "work Windows machine" (RDC to a Windows terminal server 2003). Word doc said it need Quicktime to display. Then I ran into resolution issues.
Finally, I just convert to "png" file and import that. I believe Word "renders" instead of another program.
Anyway, better cross-platform consistency.

Were you dragging and dropping them into Word because I had that problem when I first started using a Mac but then I found if I imported it into Word then there was no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.