PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Firmware Updated 1.0.1 Coming

MacRumors
Oct 10, 2003, 09:43 AM
Apple is about to release Bluetooth Firmware Updater 1.0.1.

Improvements in wake from sleep with Bluetooth devices.
Provides HID emulation mode to allow Bluetooth keyboards and mice to use snag keys during the boot sequence.
Improved error detection if the firmware update fails.

nagromme
Oct 10, 2003, 09:54 AM
Will this make BT keyboards effective for troubleshooting in all circumstance?

I guess we'll know, if Apple makes them BTO options in place of wired keyboards.

morlium
Oct 10, 2003, 10:47 AM
this will be fantastic if it allows keystroke booting from the BT keyboard ...

here's (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120253) the link (though the dowload isn't live yet).

soosy
Oct 10, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by nagromme
Will this make BT keyboards effective for troubleshooting in all circumstance?

I guess we'll know, if Apple makes them BTO options in place of wired keyboards.

I believe there'd still be the issue of needing a wired keyboard to setup the wireless one.

But it does sound like you'll be able to hold keys during bootup which is great.

illumin8
Oct 10, 2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by soosy
I believe there'd still be the issue of needing a wired keyboard to setup the wireless one.

But it does sound like you'll be able to hold keys during bootup which is great.
I think they could work that out by shipping you a BT adapter that already has the update... Should act like a regular keyboard for all intents and purposes.

Good news.

PaisanoMan
Oct 10, 2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by illumin8
I think they could work that out by shipping you a BT adapter that already has the update... Should act like a regular keyboard for all intents and purposes.

Good news.

The problem is that Bluetooth devices need to be 'paired' before they can communicate (for security reasons). Once the computer knows which mouse/keyboard to look for, it could pair with it on startup.

I just hope it doesn't delay the startup process ...

iHack
Oct 12, 2003, 03:24 AM
The download is available now, though the knowledge base link and it supports a number of languages. It's 2 MB.

M.

RGunner
Oct 12, 2003, 01:58 PM
well I dont see it.. nor can I find it on Apple's site...