PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen Mac?

intempo808
Jan 11, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hey,
This guy I know told me today that his Dad's business (who works with nothing but Mac's) has pre-ordered 8 touch screen Mac's. I can find a problem with this claim:
No one really knows what Apple is planning to release, therefore, why or how could this business pre-order.

On the other hand, his Dad would never lie to him... so he might not be lieing...but i still can't see how the business pre-ordered something like this. :S

Anyone shed any light or got any ideas?

ErikAndre
Jan 11, 2008, 11:33 AM
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm"...

intempo808
Jan 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm"...

Lol...
yeah... i just dont know if to believe it or not... :rolleyes:

Peace
Jan 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
If Apple releases a multi-touch Mac at MWSF very few people know about it and I'm guessing sales reps don't know.;)

HTrig
Jan 11, 2008, 11:40 AM
there are plenty of modified macs out there with touch screens on them for instance the modbook

http://www.macworld.com/article/131356/2008/01/modbook.html

maybe its just some of these.

mr.666
Jan 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
mod book was my guess too.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook

eric55lv
Jan 12, 2008, 01:50 AM
oh yeah forgot all about the Modbook

aswitcher
Jan 12, 2008, 01:56 AM
I smell something in the air about this leak...

intempo808
Jan 12, 2008, 08:34 AM

Me too, but it doesn't all stack up, what with the pre-ordering...as if Apple would EVER do that! The whole world would know what was being released otherwise!

jackc
Jan 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
Sorry but Daddy is a LIAR!!!!!

MarkWayne
Jan 12, 2008, 09:19 AM

If Apple wants to claim Multi-touch territory, the most strategically potent opportunity in years, wouldn't an ultra-portable be the ideal opportunity? MT in a full-sized Macbook is still prohibitive, but perhaps affordable in an ultra-port. I can think of ONE shortcoming - typing would suck. But what a leap in versatility! The appeal? The ability to do many things differently with a degree of flexibility hindered by hardware interfaces. Photo editing, graphs, drawing (any width of line with your finger), even Numbers would be fantastic in multi-touch (Numbers is a GRAPHICS application brought to the spreadsheet). Iphone has blazed the trail. If not at this MacWorld, soon - MT integration is a major drive for Apple.

"What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

jman2003
Jan 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
If Apple releases a multi-touch Mac at MWSF very few people know about it and I'm guessing sales reps don't know.;)
Yeah, my neibor has a full time job for Apple and knows all of this stuff, whats coming out, and when. For instance, way back in febuary i asked him if Apple will ever come out with a touchscreen ipod. He told me that they are in september, but i am not sure when in september. So i could ask him but, I am pretty sure he is in SF for MW. If not, I will ask him when I see him, I may or not report it. You know, sometimes if it is really great you want to be surprised.

-Jonah

igglepuff
Jan 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, my neibor has a full time job for Apple and knows all of this stuff, whats coming out, and when. For instance, way back in febuary i asked him if Apple will ever come out with a touchscreen ipod. He told me that they are in september, but i am not sure when in september. So i could ask him but, I am pretty sure he is in SF for MW. If not, I will ask him when I see him, I may or not report it. You know, sometimes if it is really great you want to be surprised.

-Jonah

great way to get him fired :D non-disclosure agreement, what's that?

macsensei
Jan 13, 2008, 09:46 PM
yeah sorry his dad lied to him. only 30 people knew about the iphone prior to its launch.

CWallace
Jan 13, 2008, 10:00 PM
I'd be more impressed if you guys signed a deal with NBC so I could watch "Surface" on the Surface.

TimJim
Jan 13, 2008, 10:03 PM
Theres three posibilities to this story

1. Its some Modbook's
2. Someones lying
3. They really are getting real Apple touch screens

jman2003
Jan 13, 2008, 11:08 PM
great way to get him fired :D non-disclosure agreement, what's that?

LOL nope, he is on a bussieess trip in Asia, I saw him packing a couple of iiphones when I went to pick my sister up (please ignore my spelling I am on my iPod)

NAG
Jan 13, 2008, 11:17 PM
If you're going to lie at least photoshop up a really stupid looking picture for us to laugh at.

pawn3d
May 18, 2008, 11:00 PM
yeah sorry his dad lied to him. only 30 people knew about the iphone prior to its launch.

i guess that makes me number 31?

pawn3d
May 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
and this might be an apple killer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmr8Bfkfnk

alphaod
May 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
and this might be an apple killer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmr8Bfkfnk

Yeah it's only $5k-$10k !