PDA

View Full Version : What would you NOT be fussed on being revealed this year?

bsheridan
Jan 11, 2008, 02:50 PM

ErikAndre
Jan 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
Not sure if I'd be annoyed about anything Apple releases... it's been a long wait for everything.

MacsRgr8
Jan 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
You wouldn't want to see new Cinema Displays? :confused:
How about optional glossy, built-in iSight...?

But to answer your question:

I would rather not see Steve mentioning his retirement. ;)

bsheridan
Jan 11, 2008, 02:58 PM

ErikAndre
Jan 11, 2008, 03:01 PM
I would rather not see Steve mentioning his retirement. ;)

Yeah, good call.

zioxide
Jan 11, 2008, 03:01 PM
a multi-touch tablet.

that thing would be nothing more than a gimmick

Puck.
Jan 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
I couldn't care less about Apple TV.

Scorch07
Jan 11, 2008, 05:50 PM
I couldn't care less about Apple TV.
Same here. I really don't even care all that much about an ultra-portable,a s that market just isn't for me. I probably never will own a notebook under 15". I just want something to do with MBPs to be announced... and immediately available.

wake6830
Jan 11, 2008, 06:19 PM
Something to do with an actual Mac. If the "one more thing" has to do with iTunes, the AppleTV, or the goddamn iPhone, I'm going to be disappointed.

I'd also be disappointed if the primary announcement was something that wasn't available immediately, whatever it may be. It seems the last few keynotes have been announcing things that will be available, rather than things that are.

Fossie
Jan 11, 2008, 06:54 PM
All I want to see is a macbook pro with penryn.
I'd be more than happy is nothing else came out.

Brianstorm91
Jan 11, 2008, 06:59 PM
Anything software, music, iTunes, movie, iPhone, appleTV or Mac Mini related.
Basically I want some real, honest, Apple merchandise..
A new MacBook Pro :)

CWallace
Jan 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
I tend to think a tablet, a UMPC, or a sub-notebook are all things Apple would likely lose money on releasing, so I would be somewhat annoyed for any of them to be launched, especially if it means the MacBook and MacBook Pro retain their current form factors and weights, with the only changes some updated guts.

I'd much rather see the MacBooks and MacBook Pros get slimmer and lighter while still providing a full-set of capabilities. Optical drives are getting thinner, HDD form factors are getting smaller, and new CPUs and chipsets are drawing less power requiring less-bulky cooling systems. All of this should allow Apple to take a bit more physical presence and weight out without forcing us to carry separate optical drives or requiring us to live with tens of gigabytes of local storage because it is based on expensive solid-state discs.

NC MacGuy
Jan 11, 2008, 07:22 PM
AppleTV, Itunes content, Iphone update, display updates, new Leopard features (fix the existing bugs first.....) couldn't care less - on the other hand;

All of their mobile computer lines are in dire need of redesign to keep interest. Come on, the MBP has the same skin as the old PB. The MB is a heavy stopgap designed POS. Let's have a nice refresh of all mobiles!

nlivo
Jan 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't really care much for a MacBook Pro update. It doesn't really interest me and I'm not really in the market for a pro laptop. An appletv update is what I want most, also a 1.1.3 update for my touch. Bit I don't want them to waste time with the MacBook pro nor the cinema displays.

coolant113
Jan 11, 2008, 09:41 PM
I would be very disappointed if they released everything what we have all been speculating about and nothing else.. there would be no surprise at all!!:apple::apple:

Andras5soul
Jan 11, 2008, 10:47 PM
apple tablet would be unnecessary in my opinion, and wouldn't sell well because consumers would stick to pretty plastic macbooks and ipod touch while people who really use apple computers would stick to macbook pros.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE A LARGE APPLE CINEMA DISPLAY WITH APPLE-TV BUILT IN! this is the ONLY way to truly sell the appletv, and I'd actually consider buying one!

I'd love a new macbook pro but i got one when the LED and SR 2.2-2.4 came out.... soo i'd be bummed about having to wait 3-4 years to buy the new beauty.. seems inevitable though.. imac, ipod, macbook have been revamped and macpro was JUST updated...

Macbook Pro and Macbook with optional BOSE built-in speaker update in customize would be beautiful.. just simply beautiful and an AMAZING profiting scheme!!! (but theres nothing what so ever to back this idea up...i should just save it till apple hires me as their marketing manager...haha