PDA

View Full Version : iBook Clamshell owners, help please!

Ilovemygeek
Jan 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
I just got my iBook Clamshell Blueberry from a seller. It appears to have Airport, but it has 9.2 OS and I'm not sure how to get it to pickup my wireless network. Any ideas? Other then that its in Great shape. No pixels out and no cracks. I want to up the ram and hardrive and then get a dvd drive to sub out for the cd drive.

GimmeSlack12
Jan 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
Internet Connect. Should be in Utilities or Apps folder.

Brianstorm91
Jan 11, 2008, 04:56 PM
Where's Cassie?

Ilovemygeek
Jan 11, 2008, 05:26 PM
Its not showing up in ICP maybe its Airport enabled? It has that little orange airport icon but its not connecting. Ah well. I got this as project so rebuild in a feat of awesomeness. :) Now I have Mac Mini, Macbook, iBook Clamshell, once I get my MacPro I'll be set for life LOL

GimmeSlack12
Jan 11, 2008, 05:38 PM
http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=611

Look at #4. Do you have an Airport Control Panel too?

bmcgrath
Jan 11, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oooh OS 9

Nostalgia.... :D

Ilovemygeek
Jan 11, 2008, 08:15 PM
hmm, it says apple talk disabled. I'm thinking its Airport enabled but a card isn't installed. Its the Blueberry iBook but its almost see through instead of sold white.

mBurns
Jan 11, 2008, 08:33 PM
If it has an AirPort card installed, the bottom toolbar will show you a picture with dots that looks like it has range. If the AirPort card is not connected to a network, none of the circles will be green. If your network is locked, you may need to put a $ in front of your password. I had a WEP network and needed to do this while I booted in OS 9 from my iBook. Let me know if this works. I owned an iBook Clamshell for many years and still miss it. I just sold it this holiday season on Craigslist.

matthewmystar
Jan 11, 2008, 08:55 PM
Quick and easy way to know for sure if it has an airport card is just pull the two tabs at the top of the keyboard and lit up the keyboard real quick. If its there you will see it.

GimmeSlack12
Jan 11, 2008, 09:05 PM
Quick and easy way to know for sure if it has an airport card is just pull the two tabs at the top of the keyboard and lit up the keyboard real quick. If its there you will see it.

Exactly. No better evidence then visual evidence. And if it is in there make sure the lone cable is plugged in (thats a common oversight).

Ilovemygeek
Jan 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
Bummer, no not in there. Are there two clips or 3? There seems to be what looks like a third clip in the middle but there ins't the little springloaded mechanism on it. I wonder if its broken?