PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini anyone?

rdf8585
Jan 11, 2008, 09:27 PM
If this has been asked, I apologize... but does anyone expect Mac Mini news at MacWorld? Hopefully not a discontinuation, but some spec boosts...

iMpathetic
Jan 11, 2008, 09:32 PM
Not 100% sure but they might merge it with the :apple:tv?

stomer
Jan 12, 2008, 04:31 AM
I'm probably going to buy a Mac Mini next week, so I'm holding out for news of a potential refresh.
Since the Mini was refreshed late last year, I'm somewhat doubtful that there's going to be any major refresh on Tuesday. I still hope however that they get rid of the combo drive across all product lines.

yoppie
Jan 12, 2008, 04:35 AM
I really hope they do something nice for the Mini, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

If they discontinue it (let's hope not) I will try to pick one up in the refurb section just so I can have one.

WildPalms
Jan 12, 2008, 04:37 AM
If this has been asked, I apologize... but does anyone expect Mac Mini news at MacWorld? Hopefully not a discontinuation, but some spec boosts...

You might be very, very pleasantly surprised after Tuesday ;) ;)

Chasb
Jan 12, 2008, 10:13 AM
You might be very, very pleasantly surprised after Tuesday ;) ;)

I hope so...I work for a small company and I can bring my work "Mini"
home over the weekends. It's sweet, running it thru my HDTV - I love it.
I have an Intel iMac at home for graphics projects etc, but everything else
(Web, movies, iTunes) runs thru the Mini. Hopefully, Apple will bump it up
a notch or two and I'll buy one the moment it shows up on their website.

Dan Uff
Jan 12, 2008, 08:06 PM

I hope there's either a complete revamp or a bump up in speed for the Mini. I am a independent computer consultant and have spoken with three people that would like to buy one (I'd buy a 2nd one if I could) but are waiting for Tuesday to see what Apple's gonna do.

Here's to another Mini!
-Dan

rdf8585
Jan 15, 2008, 02:11 PM
Nothing at all on this front. Utterly disappointing.

Yay for the MacBook Air - regardless of size, I wouldn't pay $1800 for a laptop w/o an optical drive. I wouldn't pay half that, even.

LB06
Jan 15, 2008, 02:20 PM

Indeed. Does this mean that they even don't EOL it, but let it bleed to death?

Kebabselector
Jan 15, 2008, 02:36 PM

Yay for the MacBook Air - regardless of size, I wouldn't pay $1800 for a laptop w/o an optical drive. I wouldn't pay half that, even.

Come to the UK they are charging the equivalent of $2400 for the same device here (1199). Disappointed that the Mini has missed any update. Maybe one day they'll remember the people that buy a little mac cos it's great at what it does.