PDA

View Full Version : iBook power failure?

gutterflowerjc
Jan 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
So, my aunt just bought a new macbook, and that means that I will probably inherit her ibook g4. However, she has had the logic board replaced twice withing the past two years, and it needs it again. The problem is, that it constantly has to be plugged into the charger to come one, every once in a while, it will work just fine with a battery, and show no signs of any problems. other times, it will shut off, and won't come on, and the only way that you can remedy the problem is to unplug it, and take out the battery for 24 hours. After that, it works like new again, just that it usually won't work with the battery, and also, it will not charge the battery, even though the charger light is orange. the battery says that it has about 89% battery life left in cocoanut battery. the batteery does charge on the few time that the ibook decides it will run off from the battery.

There is no decrease in performace, and the computer never hangs, I just don't know if my only solution will be to get a new logic board, or is there a more-simple fix?

Any help is very appreciated

-Jordan