Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
I've had this old Agfa ePhoto CL30 laying around for ages waiting for me to try to fix it (wouldn't turn on). Well, I got to it this evening and, although it's a little battered and bruised it is now working.

First question:
Could they make that little thing any harder to get into!? (You don't need to answer that one - I already know the answer ;))

So I grabbed a copy of iPhoto and plugged the camera in, but it wasn't recognised. So I checked to see if it was supported, and unfortunately it's not.

I've tried to find some OS X version of the software that it came with, but without luck. So I tried to install the OS 9 software it came with, but I have to boot into OS 9 to use it (it crashes in the Classic env).

Second question:
Is there any way to trick iPhoto into thinking my camera is supported (I'll try anything - I've nothing to lose!) If not, does anyone know of some way to get the photos of my camera and onto my machine without having to boot into 9?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.