PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air?

eric55lv
Jan 12, 2008, 04:57 PM
SO many are thinking that the new MacBook will be called MacBook Air because of the banner probally because it so light.So what do you think will be in the Macbook Air

iDAG
Jan 12, 2008, 06:10 PM
9to5mac thinks that it would be called the MacBook Air, so the name has to be right.

mojohanna
Jan 12, 2008, 06:54 PM
I think Macbook Air sounds kinda stupid. Macbook mini, macbook lite, macbook nano, macbook just about anything other than air.

What if Apple is launching something like its own nationwide wireless network (wifi, not cell), ties into .mac, iphone, itouch etc? Possibly the technology is easily rolled to other countries and that is part of the reason why the foreign press has been invited.

Pure speculation on my part. I have no "inside sources" or a deep throat.

Kinetic
Jan 12, 2008, 06:59 PM
I think the name is stupid. But then again I hated the name Macbook when I heard it and thought Apple would never use that name so what do I know? :o

eric55lv
Jan 12, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think the name is stupid. But then again I hated the name Macbook when I heard it and thought Apple would never use that name so what do I know? :o

Its only because it so light

rsanuri
Jan 12, 2008, 07:47 PM
Since there is Airtunes, Airport, Airbook would be a possible name...

If not this is refering to AirTV...

Just speculation.

RSA

Martin C
Jan 12, 2008, 07:50 PM
I actually kind of dig the name MacBook Air. I can't wait to hear Steve announce the details.

djejrejk
Jan 12, 2008, 07:50 PM
What if Apple is launching something like its own nationwide wireless network (wifi, not cell), ties into .mac, iphone, itouch etc? Possibly the technology is easily rolled to other countries and that is part of the reason why the foreign press has been invited.

Pure speculation on my part. I have no "inside sources" or a deep throat.

Does Apple own a nationwide wireless network? Im confused. :confused: :eek:

Just kidding.

And .mac is still partially broken for Leopard. Hopefully they will announce another .mac upgrade at Macworld.

mojohanna
Jan 12, 2008, 07:57 PM
Does Apple own a nationwide wireless network? Im confused. :confused: :eek:

Just kidding.

And .mac is still partially broken for Leopard. Hopefully they will announce another .mac upgrade at Macworld.

No, they don't but I believe that the bidding for the analog bandwidth that is going to open up once all of the TV stations goes digital is happening soon.

I doubt that this is going to come to pass, but, just a thought.

nslyax
Jan 12, 2008, 08:06 PM
To me, MacBook Air sounds like a Nike lawsuit waiting to happen.

doo-hik-ee
Jan 12, 2008, 08:21 PM
$10 million infinity dollars says the name is not MacBook Air.

Mark my word.

writeous
Jan 12, 2008, 08:36 PM
Thats a ridiculous name. naming a laptop with the word air just doesnt seem to fit, even if it is as light as a sheet of paper...

UK-sHaDoW
Jan 12, 2008, 08:41 PM
I agree with macbook air sounding a bit stupid

CF Fighter
Jan 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
The chair of the FCC talked earlier this week about the big push forward the US will see this year in digitizing the nation with the 700 mHz as well as WiMax and the digital conversion of TV stations. He wants true broadband access across the country and he says that 200 kbps is NOT broadband and new rules will be coming down the pipeline soon to force companies to up their network speeds and access.

SeanSweeney
Jan 12, 2008, 08:58 PM
Since there is Airtunes, Airport, Airbook would be a possible name...

If not this is refering to AirTV...

Just speculation.

RSAi like the sound of that "Airbook" cant wait to stream the keynote from steve:apple:

donga
Jan 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
macbook air. may sound stupid, but as mentioned before we've gotten used to names and branding before as they make big marketing pushes.

with the air part, does nike air sound stupid? nike air max? nike air jordan? nike air (insert almost any name here)? i think there is a legitimate possibility for an apple product named with air in it

apsterling
Jan 12, 2008, 09:00 PM
AirMac would be more fitting, but MacBook Air will be it's name, if such an item exists.

zdobson
Jan 12, 2008, 09:02 PM
They might as well call it MacBook Light In The Loafers

doo-hik-ee
Jan 12, 2008, 09:24 PM
I'm liking the name 'MacBook Not Big'.

Victor ch
Jan 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Somehow its just doesn't sound like a good name for a laptop. Maybe the whole "There's something in the air" is relevant to the [insert feeling here] there is going to be after a new product(s) is/are presented. My thoughts only.Im still anxious to see what EL Jobso has for us fanboys!

-Victor

iMpathetic
Jan 12, 2008, 09:43 PM
I think it is a positively scrumptious idea...

http://img.skitch.com/20080113-m4wq2ss2dbqr7b5jgikkms3j5e.jpg

TIGOS
Jan 12, 2008, 10:00 PM
Yes! Macbook Air
See: http://www.adiumx.com/sparkle/?forceShow[]=model#model

Chrispy88
Jan 12, 2008, 10:13 PM
Yes! Macbook Air
See: http://www.adiumx.com/sparkle/?forceShow[]=model#model

When you expand the OS Version section on that website, there is a section for 10.6 users. Why's this...??? 10.6 hasn't even been released???

maceleven
Jan 12, 2008, 10:18 PM
i bet thats what it is. there own wireless airwaves:confused::)

ntrigue
Jan 12, 2008, 10:22 PM
Keynote @ Hour 2: Michael Jordan walks on stage spinning the MacBook Air on his finger...

hayduke
Jan 12, 2008, 10:28 PM
Keynote @ Hour 2: Michael Jordan walks on stage spinning the MacBook Air on his finger...

Jordan makes more sense, but maybe the Globetrotters will help make up the entourage.

I think the name is dumb. I don't think they would link the product name to an easy to see banner. Obviously, the banner was meant to build hype or they would have just kept it covered.

They'll almost certainly do something cool with a wireless device, but I'm *certain* they won't name a machine Macbook Air. It doesn't even make any sense really.

maceleven
Jan 13, 2008, 01:42 AM
Apple and several other companies began lobbying the Federal Communications Commission, which regulates use of the airwaves in the

aswitcher
Jan 13, 2008, 01:45 AM
To me, MacBook Air sounds like a Nike lawsuit waiting to happen.

That alone suggests to me its a strong possibility

aswitcher
Jan 13, 2008, 01:47 AM
What if its not a MacBook but rather a 5.1 sound systems with wireless speakers. Apple is rumoured to be replacing their boombox, so why not jump to the next tech and also incorporate streaming from AppleTV etc

Mac Kiwi
Jan 13, 2008, 03:57 AM
Maybe they are alluding to the movie dl service,with the air part?

kurt.mac
Jan 13, 2008, 04:45 AM
Ya know what would sound great... airBook Pro!!! here is some of the preferences i would like

1. Lite, as speculated for the airBook
2. Mobile Penryn
3. 160+ gig HD
4. Better graphics card or equivalent to current macbook pros
5. Wireless everything!!! including W power charge
6. Pre-installed with bootcamp + Windows
7. Up to 6 Gig ram (if possible)
8. Probably the most important, to be a reasonable price

also, with that new scroll pad thing

eric55lv
Jan 13, 2008, 03:56 PM
8. Probably the most important, to be a reasonable price